We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn

England
Level Contributor
129 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn

We will be going to Girona for five or six days in late November. Because we will be arriving lateish in the evening I am thinking of spending the first night, a Sunday, night at the Holiday Inn which I believe is next to a large shopping mall. Would anyone know if there would be restaurants open there on a sunday night or is best just to head for town and stay and eat there?I would be grateful for any information. Thanks

Washington, England
Level Contributor
377 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn

Don't know about the Holiday Inn but Girona is a lovley city and you may well be better off staying there. A quick search of the hotels and their reviews should direct you to somewhere suitable.

England
Level Contributor
129 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question - for the majority of the holiday we will stay in the centre of Giron - it does sound great. It is just the first night that we are thinking about staying at the holiday Inn - simply because we will be tired having travelled a lot that day and it is easy to get to from the airport. I just wondered if there would be somewhere to eat there. Thanks again for your reply

Washington, England
Level Contributor
377 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn

Hope this link helps:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g1078741-d940…

I don't really know what the options are for eating in the area but is doesn't seem to be very far from Girona.

Girona itself is only a 20 min bus ride away from the airport if that helps.

Edited: 01 November 2011, 20:49
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn

The shopping centre will be closed on Sunday, even probably its few (and very basic) restaurants will be open. You will have a better choice of restaurants in the old town (and in a much nicer surroundings). In any case, its unlikely the restaurants in the mall will close later than in the centre (if not earlier)

Regarding that hotel being easier to reach from the airport, as said above the very town centre is just 20 mins by bus, By taxi the Holiday Inn is maybe 5 minutes closer than anywhere in the old town, so its not really a big advantage (and you'll have later the hassle of changing hotels)

Edited: 01 November 2011, 21:50
England
Level Contributor
129 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn

Thanks for all your kind advice - I think we shall just go straight to the city and stay there ,where as you point out we will have a far wider choice of restaurants. Many thanks

6. Re: Holiday Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2012, 04:16