We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip from girona to barcelona airport

Which Girona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Porto, Portugal
1 post
Save Topic
trip from girona to barcelona airport

I have to travel from Girona by train directly to the Barcelona airport. Does anyone know which is the best route and how long it takes (important because if I miscalculate, I miss the flight).

Thanks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,302 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip from girona to barcelona airport

Trains Girona to Barcelona Sants www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

Sants to the Airport renfe.com/viajeros/…index.html

Girona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Girona
Level Contributor
566 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip from girona to barcelona airport

The trains are very regular as long as you haven't got a very early morning flight out of Barcelona. There are 3 types of train - AVE (high speed) takes just over half an hour to Sants, MD (Media Distancia) takes about an hour and a quarter to Sants or Passeig de Gracia (I prefer the latter as the on-train to the Airport goes from same platform) or the Regional (try to avoid this, scruffy, takes longer and not much cheaper than the MD). Some of the AVE's are cheap and, based on time, worth looking at. You switch platform at Sants to get the airport train. You can buy a ticket at Girona for the MD to the Airport, which means, if you get off at Passeig De Gracia, you can hop from one train to next without buying another ticket and staying on same platform.

3. Re: trip from girona to barcelona airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2014, 07:18