We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfer from girona airport to girona town centre

Which Girona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
Level Contributor
277 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
transfer from girona airport to girona town centre

Hello has anybody used the shuttle bus from girona airport to the town centre? Does it usually leave after planes have arrived? I think I found the bus website from a previous thread but can't find a timetable.

Alternatively how much would a taxi cost from the airport to girona?

Thanks

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transfer from girona airport to girona town centre

Hola foz72,

The buses depart every hour:

http://www.sagales.com/pubdocs/3836_aeroport-girona-costa-brava---girona-2013-11-07-(607).pdf

I'm not sure about the taxis, but I would guess about 20-25€

Liverpool
Level Contributor
277 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transfer from girona airport to girona town centre

Thats great thanks belsaita

Girona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Girona
Level Contributor
594 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transfer from girona airport to girona town centre

The bus goes every hour on the half hour. Very reliable service and it takes about half an hour to the train/ bus station in Girona centre.

As you arrive in Girona airport, go through the doors immediately in front of you and then turn right. There is a small hut next to the buses selling tickets.

A taxi will cost just over 25 euros. The exact fare depends on number of passengers, bags and day and time of day.

soaked in ireland
Level Contributor
426 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transfer from girona airport to girona town centre

Hello what time is the last bus on a friday night in july from the airport to Girona centre.

Girona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Girona
Level Contributor
594 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transfer from girona airport to girona town centre

Hi Jenny, last bus from the airport is 22.30, arriving in Girona city centre half an hour later.

soaked in ireland
Level Contributor
426 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transfer from girona airport to girona town centre

Hello Darren, thanks for your answer, i assume a taxi is the only way we will get into the city with a 10.55pm landing flight, any idea what kind of price, ive done some checks on that and for party of 5/5 its around 70 euros, what do you think?. Jenny

Girona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Girona
Level Contributor
594 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transfer from girona airport to girona town centre

That sounds a lot, must be 2 taxis as the typical price is 25-30 euros. I would just buy from the rank as, if they have got a people carrier, you will get it much cheaper and, if only got standard cars, even 2 taxis from the rank should work out cheaper than that price.

soaked in ireland
Level Contributor
426 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: transfer from girona airport to girona town centre

Hello Darren, yes i did price two taxis and it was cheaper to get one 12 seater people carrier, now i did check these prices of a well / i think / well know firm, i know i cant name so sorry, but 70 plus was the price, also 2 five person was 37 euro, we are travelling with family and there kids are young so i cannot risk a taxi not being there, does there always be taxis waiting when Ryanair flights arrive, if so i might just wait and hope for pot luck on a better price, i remember last year a taxi would take us to Estartit for 70euro, i didnt use it and paid bus for 6 people, i was sorry i did that cause we had a long wait and only saved about 17 euro but lost about 3 hours. Regards jenny, thanks for your advice

9. Re: transfer from girona airport to girona town centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 07:20