We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Girona To Seville

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Girona To Seville

I want to take the Ave train from Girona to Barcelona on 11th October. There is 1 that departs 8.10 am which only has turista for sale at 62.20. No option for Pref. Which I would prefer. However the Barcelona to Seville Fast train at 8.30 has Pref. Tickets at 45.50 which is obviously a much better deal.

1. If I get the slower train from Girona at 6.29am to BCN it arrives at 7.53 am. Does this arrive at BCN Sants? I will have to change to get the 8.30 fast train to Seville. Will this be enough time ?

(I don't know how big this station is).

2. If I decide to get the direct Girona to Seville at 8.10 is there some way I can find out the pref. Ticket price even though it is just offering turista at the moment?

3. We are thinking about getting off at Cordoba for a night /day. Do I have to buy 2 separate tickets or does the fast train allow for a stop off? It looks a lot more expensive if I have to do it that way!

Thanks for anyone who can help me with this!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
58,365 posts
3,578 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Girona To Seville

Michelle:

1. The train arrives in Barcelona at the Sants Station. The station is not big and I think you have time to catch the train to Seville.

2. The train from Girona to Seville stops at Sants and you have to change trains.

3. You need to get 2 tickets if you want to stop at Cordoba.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Girona To Seville

Thank you Benny. I can't seem to get any Preferente options to buy a ticket, only turista. Would anyone know if they may come on sale later or could the train only be all turista tickets? Thanks again .

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,630 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Girona To Seville

Welcome to the crazy world of RENFE. It could be just too early to do this.

Nevertheless here goes:

1, You should have time OK. Just rather early!

2. The 08.10 is not direct of course. It starts from Figueres to the north of Girona and ends at Atocha station in Madrid passing through Sants. Then you have to change for a Madrid to Cordoba train. The direct Cordoba train leaving from Barcelona Sants at 08.30 and arriving at Cordoba by 13.12 (Train number 03940) does have Preferente seat for sale apparently at €44.90 although what may happen when and if you decide to buy it .......we shall see.

You can buy a Preferente ticket on the 08.10 Girona to Madrid service but Preferente Promo+ looks at moment to be €74.50 then get a Madrid - Cordoba ticket.

Hum.

3. Book from wherever to Cordoba then later decide on Cordoba to Seville. You need more tickets!

Would recommend looking a bit more at the different sectors of this journey. Also as the weekend you travel is likely to be busier than average because it is a holiday weekend then it is a good idea to check and if possible buy early.

4. Re: Train from Girona To Seville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 05:16