We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sitges Beach Day

Which Sitges hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Sitges Beach Day

We will be visiting Sitges at the end of April for a day trip from Barcelona and are wondering which beach is the best for visiting with the possibility of doing some watersports i.e. Jet Ski's, banana boats etc.

Any ideas?

Gav

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sitges Beach Day

Well, I'm not 100% sure, but I can't remember to have seen Jet Ski's, banana boats or things like in Sitges. I would say you are more likely to find this kind of entertainments in places like Salou or Lloret de Mar, but Sitges ir more oriented to a bit "posh" tourism (no wonder is the most expensive town of the area) or romantic travel (both gay and hetero) so the beaches are beautiful but quiet.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sitges Beach Day

Ops I notice now your travel dates!!

Forget it, if there is any beach activity, it will start from mid-June. In April you'll be lucky if the weather is warm enough to enjoy a day on the beach, but usually the beach season there starts in late May or June. Sorry to say.

uk
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sitges Beach Day

You can Jet Ski with prior arrangment , but you will need to be qualified , banana boats haven`t hit Sitges yet and lets hope they never will !!

http://www.advela.net/

have fun

UK
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sitges Beach Day

Thanks for the advice.

Forgetting the time of year we are coming and the fact that there will be no beach activities around, what beach would you recommend as a good beach to go to for a day trip, we will be staying in Barcelona so the closer the better really, had thought of Sitges as didn't know if the beaches near Barcelona were very big

All comments much appreciated as well as any advice on things to do in Barcelona on a stag do? Nightlife etc

5. Re: Sitges Beach Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 08:16