We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sitges in March

Washington DC...
7 posts
Save Topic
Sitges in March

I'll be visiting Barcelona in March and wanted to go 1 or 2 nights to Sitges. What days of the week are better? Any hotels or bars recomended?

Thanks in advance

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sitges
Level Contributor
853 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sitges in March

Sitges in March is still very much out of season - but there is still plenty of places open at the weekends - so any time which includes Friday and/or Saturday should provide enough diversions! What sort of bars / hotels are you looking for? Plenty of places will open at least at the weekends, though it will be a sort of lull between the end of Carnaval and Easter celebrations.

Washington DC...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sitges in March

I'm traveling to Barcelona for the first time so just wanted to get a feeling of Sitges even when it will be out of season. I'm gay so was hoping to check the gay scene, but without missing the hot spots in Barcelona during the weekend. For that reason I was thinking of going just from Sunday to Monday...

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sitges in March

hi tonkastud, Sitges is always worth it even in low season. However, funny enough it has more fame of a 'gay' place within foreign tourists than for Spanish people. For us is just a nice seaside town, where many people from Barcelona go to unwind on weekends and holidays, and a family and honeymooners resort. At the end of the day is just a very tolerant (and beautiful) town where everybody is welcome and where people of all kinds do live. As any other coastal town it's very quiet out season, even not totally closed as there is people living there all year round (but these people do work and don't tend to go out on weekdays!). I'm saying this because if you plan to go there to enjoy any 'gay' life out of season you may be disappointed. Many bars (gay or not, many of them in town are mixed) will be closed weekdays.

However, it may be a nice place to enjoy a couple of quiet days

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sitges
Level Contributor
853 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sitges in March

Sitges on Sunday / Monday in March will be very quiet - but still, as the other respondant says, worth a visit We have an apartment in Sitges and love the place at all times of the year. It's a beautiful place, and still somewhere you could chill out and find good restaurants open (Sunday, rather than Monday). I would guess that the weekend is not as important in Barcelona, as far as 'busy-ness' is concerned, as it would be in Sitges. Barcelona NEVER closes - no matter what day or time of the year!

london
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sitges in March

hi, I can recommend you private apartments in Sitges

Washington DC...
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sitges in March

Thanks to you all. Your comments are very helpfull

7. Re: Sitges in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 June 2010, 16:05
8. Re: Sitges in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 04:19