We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does any1 kno wat date Corpus Christi is celebrated in 2009?

Scotland
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Does any1 kno wat date Corpus Christi is celebrated in 2009?

Hey there, does anyone know when corpus christi is this year? I've been on a few websites to find out but they all say a different date! Mostly 9th-11th of June or 14th-15th. I'll be in Sitges from 6th-13th june this year and would hate to miss it! Hope you can help me!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,674 posts
3,656 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does any1 kno wat date Corpus Christi is celebrated in 2009?

In Spain Corpus Christi is on June 11. That is the Catholic calendar.

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does any1 kno wat date Corpus Christi is celebrated in 2009?

hi,

Corpus is on july 11th, but usually flowers carpets and the procession are on sunday..14th!!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sitges
Level Contributor
868 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does any1 kno wat date Corpus Christi is celebrated in 2009?

Sorry to sound 'picky' but there's no such thing as a 'Catholic Calender' when it comes to the date of Corpus Christi. The day itself is always the Thursday after Trinity Sunday. This year Trinity Sunday is June 7th. so tye feast of Corpus Christi is Thursday June 11th. But as the other contributer says, the flower carpets will be on display on Sunday June 14th. (having been prepared through the Saturday night) and the procession will be on Sunday evening.

Enjoy it if you're there - I intend to be!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sitges
Level Contributor
868 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does any1 kno wat date Corpus Christi is celebrated in 2009?

p.s. just noticed your dates! Afraid if you leave on 13th you'll miss it all!

Scotland
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Does any1 kno wat date Corpus Christi is celebrated in 2009?

Thanks for your help everyone! Im leaving sitges on sat 13th to go to Tarragona for a few days but I think I'll maybe find myself staying another day in Sitges!

6. Re: Does any1 kno wat date Corpus Christi is celebrated in 2009?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 20:20