We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sitges hotels

Which Sitges hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
35 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Sitges hotels

Hi there,

I am wondering whether there are any beach-front hotels in Sitges. So far all the properties I've looked at are not directly on the beach.

I am from Canada and used to going to Caribbean islands for beach vacations, where there are plenty of all-inclusive resorts located directly on the beach. I am seeing the beach vacation properties in Spain are not like that. Are there no beach-front resorts there?

Thanks in advance.

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,476 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sitges hotels

No AI resorts - They're not needed, It's safe to wander around Sitges and there are plenty of eating and drinking options. Platjador Hotel is on the sea front and gets good reviews, It's in a good location slap bang opposite a good beach. We've met lots of people staying there and have not heard a bad word against it. Personally we always stay at Madison Bahia, just a couple of mins walk from the beach. If you are used to Caribbean resorts, it won't be for you though:-)

Edited: 18 August 2011, 17:52
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sitges
Level Contributor
832 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sitges hotels

There are MANY hotels right opposite the beach(es) in Sitges - Best Western, Subur, Santa Maria, La Niña, Platjador, Calipolis, San Sabastian Playa, to name just a few. Bust as the above says, Sitges is not the Caribbean!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sitges
Level Contributor
832 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sitges hotels

Not quite sure where the anatomical reference came from - it should, of course, read 'but' ! (with one t)

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sitges hotels

The beach vacation properties in Spain (at least in this area) are not like the ones in the Caribbean like everything else is quite different too. Who needs a fake "resort" when you have a lovely and safe real town to explore? Who wants AI when a big part of the holiday fun can be trying locals bars and restaurants? Its just a different holiday concept. Try it and have fun!

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
35 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sitges hotels

Thanks for your replies. I am now considering between San Sabastian Playa which looks very appealing to me actually, or Dolce Sitges, which is located out of town and further away from the beach. They are about the same rate. What do you recommend?

Thanks

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
120 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sitges hotels

I would recommend an apartment that is located near the beach. You get more space, privacy and in my opinion a better overall value and experience of the area. We used StaySitges last year and it was a great space within minutes of old Sitges and the beaches.

Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sitges hotels

We've stayed at the Platjador a few times and really like it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sitges hotels

We stayed for 11 nights recently at the Platjador and would highly recommend it - see my posted review on their section.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,957 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sitges hotels

Sitges has resisted the all-inclusive beach resorts. That is its charm.

For beachfront hotels, Platjador, San Sebastian Playa and Calipolis seem to be the major players. But there is plenty of choice.

Sitges is very cosmopolitan, and English is widely spoken. Although learning a few words of Spanish - or even better, Catalan - won't hurt.

Go! Enjoy!

10. Re: Sitges hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 11:17