We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Look - Me again!!

Which Sitges hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Devon
Level Contributor
284 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Look - Me again!!

This forum is fast becoming the 'Devonmazzer' show! Sorry! but with just two weeks to our long-awaited holiday and the questions and queries are popping into my head with alarming frequency!

I wouldn't normally be so fussy but this time we are a large family party of 20 so thinking of the requirements of everyone aged from 4 months to 70yrs old arriving on a Sunday is a bit of a task!! With the Sunday arrival thing being a problem I had another brain-wave.... that we have a Chinese Take-Away on the Sunday which we can then eat at our villa. So much better than trying to find a restaurant to seat us all.

So.... Can anyone recommend a good Take-Away? Open on a Sunday?

This would solve everything! If we knew there was a Take-Away then that would be our Sunday meal sorted and I wouldn't need to shop until the Monday - so my last post re online shopping could be disregarded.

Maz. :-)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sitges
Level Contributor
827 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Look - Me again!!

Sitges has several Chinese restaurants but no 'British style' take aways. All the restaurants will do take away (para llevar), but not sure which would be open during the day. Panic not - I still think you'll arrive on time to shop at Carrefour! Where are you all staying, by the way? Don't forget, lunch time in Spain is much later that in the UK. It wouldn't be unusual to go out for lunch at 3pm. Ans as in earlier thread, there will be some of the small supermarkets open in town to shop for supper and breakfast basics at least.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Look - Me again!!

Even starting lunch at 4pm is not unusual on Sundays... but for so many people it would be advisable to book in advance no matter at what time you want to eat.

I never ate in a Chinese in Sitges, in my experience a a 99% of Chinese restaurants in Spain extremely dissapointing... so I save my Chinese style meals to a few "safe" places. In any case, as said above the take away times will be the same as opening times anyway.

If I remember well there is an informal pizza (an other good things) place in Cap de la Vila that opens all day. I can't remember more details, so maybe SitgesLover can help?

Or, what about having pintxos at Lizarran? It opens from 10:00 to midnight non-stop.

Devon
Level Contributor
284 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Look - Me again!!

Ah! I was hoping you would check the forum Sitgeslover! You have been so helpful! We are staying in a large villa in Sant Pere de Ribes, so not far from Sitges.

I think we have made a decision at last regarding how we manage our day of arrival with all the kids/babies timetables and requirements (oh the joys of being a Grandparent!!) I appreciate you saying we would in all probability have time to get to Carrefour but I don't want to be rushed the minute we arrive. We are also flying with EasyJet - so can't guarantee that we will get to Barcelona when we should!! We've been caught out with long delays before!! Because we will all have been up since 5.0a.m. we will want to just relax when we get to our villa. So... the decision is........we think the best thing to do would be to ask the villa housekeeper to do a shop for us to tide us over the first day or two including BBQ food. My thinking is that when we arrive we can then take our time to unpack and familiarise ourselves with the villa, have a glass of something (essential!) and then cook a leisurely BBQ early evening none of which involves shopping on our part. I reckon this is the best way to manage everything - and it will be stress-free. Hopefully!

The next day we can do a proper supermarket shop when we won't feel rushed etc.

Sound like a plan?

Maz. :-)

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,390 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Look - Me again!!

Wok Palacio Oriente I

8 Calle Santa Tecla, 08870 Sitges

Is certainly large enough to seat your party and does a very good all you can eat buffet,

Also take away

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sitges
Level Contributor
827 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Look - Me again!!

I think you've hit upon a sensible idea for your first day. San Pere is about a 10 minute drive from Sitges. It's not a town I'm very familiar with, however, but there may even be some small shops open there on Sundays.

BTW our favourite Chinese restaurant in Sitges is La Scala - off the Calle Mayor, 2nd street on the left from Cap de la Vila; down a few steps (hence La Scala, presumably!) - Carrer Barrebeig. Cantonese style, always good, and often the place we gravitate to if we arrive late on a Sunday night - as we will next Sunday!

Enjoy!

p.s. we too usually fly Easyjet, and have only been delayed once in over 10 years - when there was a foot of snow on the runway in the UK!

Devon
Level Contributor
284 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Look - Me again!!

Thanks sitgeslover for all your advice over the past weeks, you have been invaluable! Now we've sorted out our arrival I can relax and just look forward to what I hope will be a very special family week.

Fingers crossed that EasyJet will work to time - to be honest we've never had a problem with them either. Last year we flew B.A. to the States and they were abysmal - an EIGHT hour delay in Gatwick. With children!!! So we never take it for granted that flights will be on time. (having said that, on the advice of Martin Lewis money expert, we are in the process of claiming compensation and it looks as if B.A. have to cough up a substantial amount (£500 per person) so that will go towards our Spanish week!)

Safe travel to you on Sunday - I wish you a relaxing time in the sun in what must be your favourite place!

Thank you again for all your help.

Maz.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Look - Me again!!

hire a chef 150 euro michaelhutton78@hotmail.com speaks english. great cook.

Devon
Level Contributor
284 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Look - Me again!!

Thanks bradsurf. I have been in contact with a chef actually - but the costs seemed a bit steep. Have you hired this guy you mention? We want to do this one evening to celebrate a special birthday (the whole point of the holiday - and why there are so many of us!)

We would like a proper Authentic Spanish Dinner. Would your guy do this?

barcelona
Level Contributor
18 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Look - Me again!!

This place does the best pizzas/pasta/regular dishes in town and everything can be ordered to take away.

It is also a good and inexpensive place to eat in with a lot of local atmosphere.

You can hear the veal for the cordon blue being bashed into submission in the kitchen above you. The regional dishes from Galicia are excellent:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187502-…

10. Re: Look - Me again!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2014, 07:18