We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Platjador

Which Sitges hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lanark
Level Contributor
109 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Platjador

Having read a couple of posts about folk having booked a balcony room and been given a room with a terrace, which is obviously the ground floor, concerns me. I am booked to go on 25 June. My hotel voucher states Balcony room, but the hotel class that the same as a room with a terrace.

Given the extremely bad review about the ground floor rooms, cats, dirty rooms etc. and the fact that Management didn't seem interested in their complaint, I am now a bit concerned I will end up in one of those rooms.

I have e mailed the hotel with my concerns and did receive a reply informing me that the rooms are allocated the day before arrival. I have specifically requested a balcony room, but they don't promise anything.

Does anyone have any new info on the Platjador

camberley
Level Contributor
586 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Platjador

I would say the review re cats, etc was a one off.

We were there in September last year (and the previous year) and like nearly all the other reviews about the hotel we were more than happy. There were no cats (they were only around for a few weeks in June last year I think and their facebook page (the hotels, not the cats!) says they're now in an animal sanctury), the rooms were cleaned every day and the staff were always polite and helpful (as mentioned in many other reviews)

The only hic-up I can see is being allocated a ground floor room which you don't want. I would send another email to them 48 hours before you're set to go there attaching your previous request and hoping they're able to accomodate.

We tried to book for this September back in February but the hotel is full which says a lot.

Edited: 01 June 2013, 10:35
Lanark
Level Contributor
109 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Platjador

Thank you for taking time out to reply. Will e mail a couple days before we go.

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,381 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Platjador

When you email them state that you will not accept a room on the terrace/ pool level, you want a room on a higher floor. If you've booked a seaview room I don't believe this would affect you.

The bad review would seem to be a one off, Platjador is the top rated hotel in Sitges ( and the manager replies to reviews).

4. Re: Hotel Platjador

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2014, 05:17