We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tortosa to reus airport (via Tarragona?!)

Which Tarragona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North West England
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
tortosa to reus airport (via Tarragona?!)

Hi there,

I'm staying with a friend in Tortosa for the weekend, and flying back to Liverpool from Reus airport at 10.15am on Monday 12th April.

She's told me there is a train from Tortosa to Tarragona, which will arrive at 7.20am (but I can't find this info on the internet). I just need to get from there to the airport. I've seen an Hispano Igualdina bus at 9am which I could take to the airport. However, not knowing Tarragona myself, I don't know how far apart the bus and train stations are.

Or would it just be easier and as cheap to get a taxi from Tarragona to Reus airport?

If anybody else has any other ideas as to how to get to the airport more quickly or cheaply your advice would be very welcome!

Thanks!

Tarragona, Spain
Level Contributor
379 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: tortosa to reus airport (via Tarragona?!)

If the train arrives at the station on time, you have plenty of time for a roughly 15+ min stroll to the bus station, based on the timings you quote. Though you don´t mention luggage. I´ll sketch the route below, though the distances quoted are just my hunches.

When you exit the train station, you are on a street called Carrer Reial. Turn left as you exit the building and walk about 150 m to where this road bends sharply to the right. Follow this part for about 850+ m to the intersection at a set of traffic lights with a street called Carrer Pere Martell. (I guess this is the 4th set of lights as you go along but I am not absolutely sure. it is the junction at the petrol station, however.) Turn right here and follow this road for roughly another 750m. Unfortunately although the road is flat for the first 1km I have mentioned, this last part starts with a steep uphill. After passing 2 roundabouts you cross a major junction and another 150m on your left beyond this major junction you will find the bus station. In fact the entrance to the bus station is under the hotel building on the main Imperial Tarraco "giratory" just in front of you.

Bus takes 15 min max to the airport.

You will have to decide on the costs and the timings for yourself and also the consequences of being late... for Ryanair I presume.

There is a taxi rank on the pavement outside the front door of the station. "Presumably" it will be operating at that time of morning though I cannot guarantee, nor do I know the price. I guess a taxi will take you from the station to the airport in 15 mins flat at that time of the morning.

North West England
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: tortosa to reus airport (via Tarragona?!)

Thanks very much for your help! I've booked another cheap flight in case I miss this one as back up, so I won't be so stressed wondering if I'll get home in time!

I've printed your instructions, so thankyou very much!

3. Re: tortosa to reus airport (via Tarragona?!)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Tarragona