We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tarragona Tour Issues

Which Tarragona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
51 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Tarragona Tour Issues

Hi there

I'm traveling to Spain with 4 four friends in late May. We have apartments in Barcelona and Valencia. I thought it would be fun to stop in Tarragona for the day on they way from Barcelona to Valencia, but I'm running into a bit of an issue. We would really like to have a guide with us in Tarragona and be able to see the cathedral, the Roman ampitheater, and the Circus Maximus etc. But everything I'm seeing for this is pretty steep if you meet up with the guide in Barcelona.

Does anyone have suggestions for a guide we could meet at the train in Tarragona?

I'm also assumming we can check out luggage at the station as well for the day, but I thought I would write and ask.

Thanks

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tarragona Tour Issues

Hi, I'm not sure about the luggage problem, I'm sure it can be overcome. Tarragona has a choice of city tours and may be cheaper buying local, have a look here for contact details: www.tarragonaturisme.cat/contingut.php…

In particular: bettaturst.com/bettatur_serveis_turistics/an…

also, if visiting between the 5th and 15th :

Tàrraco Viva (5-15 May)

Symposium designed to raise awareness of ancient Roman history and culture with maximum scientific rigor: conferences, workshops, re-enactments of daily life in the ancient Roman era, as well as period soldiers, gladiatorial fights, theatre, music and cuisine.

Edited: 08 March 2011, 23:03
2. Re: Tarragona Tour Issues

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about Tarragona
Recent Conversations