We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live music venues.

leeds,UK
Level Contributor
409 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Live music venues.

Hi guys,

Counting down to our trip to Tarragona in September and I was just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that plays live music in the evenings,we like anything from rock to opera (with the exception of rap and street music).

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,182 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live music venues.

Hi Gladys. Got back from Tarragona last week, its a wonderful place, very quiet in the evenings and we did not see any live music anywhere.

On the Fri and Sat of our stay very loud music started up around midnight, we have no clue were it came from, definitely out doors, we could hear it from our hotel. I had the feeling it was coming from the amphitheatre. We were in bed so could not be bothered to go and investigate.

leeds,UK
Level Contributor
409 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live music venues.

Hi Jessy,glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves. Did you go on any day trips from Tarragona? Re: the music,just thought there might be the odd bar that had some music on but knowing the spaniards,you're quite right,they're often just getting ready to party way after us Brits have gone to bed! Any tips great fully received.

Gladys

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,182 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live music venues.

Gladys, no we did not go on any trips, we only had a short time in Tarragona and there was enough for us to see there. Take the tourist train around town early in your stay for a good overview of the town.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,464 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live music venues.

Gladys

From memory you're there during Santa Tecla, in which case there will be lots of live music, most of it free and much of it on the streets. Traditional music will dominate but there will be plenty of other genres as well. Youn will come to know and love two Paso Dobles, "Amparito Roca" and "Paquito el Choclatero".

You might already have seen my trip reports but if not, there are some videos here and subsequent pages with music in the city.

…travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/…tpod.html

I don't remember any music in bars from any of our visits but that might be because of timing. There are many muicians in Spain and public performances are common. Try to get to the Concert Vermut if you can, but take factor 50.

leeds,UK
Level Contributor
409 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live music venues.

Hi Chris,factor 50 already packed as I am a pale read head! Unfortunately we're there 7th to 14th,so just before the Santa Tecla. To be honest,I'm just looking forward to some blue skies after the summer we've had in blighty this year! I checked out your blog a few months ago and really wished we'd booked a week later when the festival was on,ah well,there's always next year! Thanks again for your informative responses.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,464 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live music venues.

Blue skies you'll have aplenty, Gladys. Have a great time.

Edited: 06 August 2012, 16:08
7. Re: Live music venues.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Tarragona