We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I have Santa Tecla 2013 info

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
819 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
I have Santa Tecla 2013 info

I have just been tweeted by the Santa Tecla Office in Tarragona and the dates for this years Santa Tecla are 14th September to 24th September..

If you have not been... then make it a date in your diary...

We shall be there again....

San Diego...
Level Contributor
8 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I have Santa Tecla 2013 info

Nice! I am going for the first time... we arrive on the 22nd for 4 days. It looks so incredible and I can't wait to see the castellers in person...

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,838 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I have Santa Tecla 2013 info

Have a great time, both. We won't be there this year because the dates clash badly with La Merce and we've decided to concentrate on that, but 2014 might be a big one for us.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I have Santa Tecla 2013 info

we might pop over for a night in Barcelona, as we are in the area for 3 weeks :)

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,838 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I have Santa Tecla 2013 info

Have you experienced La Merce, senorita-kaz? If not, then it might be worth it. It is similar to Santa Tecla but so very different. The risk is that there will be some horrible clashes with Santa Tecla events. Give me a shout when you get the programme for Santa Tecla and I'll see if I can find a suitable day when the Merce events don't clash with something big in Tarragona. Might be tricky.

singapore
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: I have Santa Tecla 2013 info

We are in barcelona 21st to 26th Sept, thinking to do day trip to Tarragona. So torn between Le Merce and Castellers. Could I watch the castellers in noon and back to barcelona for the fireworks? I would enjoy other events of Le Merce on the remaining days in barcelona. Please advise.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I have Santa Tecla 2013 info

Castellers will be in Barcelona for La Merce barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/events/la-mer…

But do visit Tarragona, its a beautiful city and Santa Tecla is awesome

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I have Santa Tecla 2013 info

If you are interested to visit Tarragona and see the Santa Tecla Festival, I suggest 23th is tha main day of Santa Tecla , but in Barcelona as is a labour monday it''l probably less activities (perhaps but night the Fireworks Festival...

On 23th in Tarragona there is a morning 's parade with all the dances (bastoners, cavallets, pastorets, gegants, etc, devils and dragons, etc) and around 13 pm the castellers with the 4 local groups...

On 22th in Barcelona there are castellers and 24th also . Always in Sant Jaume square around 12h30 or 13 pm. Also on 24th in Barcelona, at the evening there are the Promusical that is highly recomended.

(In Tarragona, On 24th there are also some activities involving castellers: a small "diada" in front of the catedra. and the walking pilars (they do a pilar that up and down the ladders of the cathedral and then walk until plaça de la Font...)

But if you are interested to see Santa Tecla I recomended on 23th that is the main day in Tarragona and at the other hand there a re a minor activities in Barcelona!!

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,838 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I have Santa Tecla 2013 info

Sounds like good advice from 5de8 (as usual). There's also a new event in Tarragona this year, which might be on 23rd (Julie has the details, I don't have them to hand) which I think is as a consolation for the fact that last year the Cucafera's application to take part in the Baixada de l'Aliga failed. I've a feeling that she will be processing from the Ajuntament to Serallo but don't quote me on that. I think that we will be popping down to Tarragona to celebrate this.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I have Santa Tecla 2013 info

We are there 22/23rd cannot wait :)

10. Re: I have Santa Tecla 2013 info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2014, 05:16