We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sitges - Tarragona connection

Which Tarragona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mantua, Italy
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sitges - Tarragona connection

Hi everybody,

in July I will be in Barcelona. I would like to spend half a day in Sitges and then visit Terragona in the afternoon (or Tarragona in the morning and Sitges in the afternoon).

Is it possible? I can't find any connection (train or bus). Someone has an idea?

Thank you

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
817 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sitges - Tarragona connection

train from sitges to Sant Vicenc De Calders change then from Sant Vicenc De Calders to tarragona

Mantua, Italy
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sitges - Tarragona connection

I don't think it's possible. Those trains are just in the early morning or late afternoon.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sitges - Tarragona connection

Hola oristiade, where are you looking for info? Renfe website is very user-unfriendly, but there are MANY trains per day for that route (I've used them so I know these exist! ;-))

- from Sitges to Sant Vicenç (and back) you have "rodalies" (commuter) trains every 1/2 hour from around 6:30 am to 11pm

- from Sant Vicenç to Tarragona there are about 30 per day each way. You will never wait for long for the next one.

OR, there is another possibilty, probably easier:

- from Sitges to next town, Vilanova i la Geltru, rodalies trains every 20min

- from Vilanova to Tarragona, there is a train every hour or so. The station in Vilanova is smaller and much nicer than in Sant Vicenç.

You do not need to book in advance these trains, actually you can't for the first leg and most of the second. You buy the whole ticket to Tarragona at Sitges station on the day of traveling and take the next departing train.

Bon viatge!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,441 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sitges - Tarragona connection

I think the problem is that the RENFE journey planner only recognises the through trains and not the 'Rodiales' - a clear case of left hand not talking to right hand!

Edited: 09 July 2013, 10:10
new york
Level Contributor
74 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sitges - Tarragona connection

Hu everyone im going to piggyback this question. So how do i get to barcelona to terragona to sitges then back to barcelona? (I could also do sitges first) what is the easiest way by train and their staton names? Am i also leaving ftom passieg de gracia or barcelona sants station to get to these places? They r both through renfe trains right? Pls let me know. Thank u!!!

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
340 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sitges - Tarragona connection

Tarragona station is called Tarragona.

It seems obvious but it isn't because Camp de Tarragona is a seperate station out of town and not useful for the journeys being discussed i.e. combining Barcelona, Sitges and Tarragona.

Best website, shamefully, for timetables is not a local one but rather

www.db.de

which is the German railways website but which is much clearer about Spanish trains than is anything produced locally.

Unbelievable? I agree.

(Almost always the 2 stations in Barcelona which you mention have the same services, I think, but do check that out.)

Edited: 19 May 2014, 09:45
London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sitges - Tarragona connection

You can take a train from Sitges to Tarragona. There is one change en-route which depends on which train you get. You can see the timetable and book at http://www.thetrainline-europe.com.

Tarragona is a wonderful town with remains dating from Roman times living side by side with a modern, bustling community.

It's not to be missed!

8. Re: Sitges - Tarragona connection

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 07:16