We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach in Tarragona

Annapolis...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Beach in Tarragona

Hi! I am looking for a hotel in Tarragona in the historic district with a short walk to the beach. What do beaches in Tarragona look like? Is it a popular city for a beach travelers?

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
3,588 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach in Tarragona

Tarragona is more of a working city rather than a beach destination. It has the largest Roman remains outside Italy. Most people visit these from resorts just outside the city. The beach is OK but I would either go slightly north to Torredembarra or South to La Pineda, Cap Salou, Salou or Cambrils for your holiday.

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,875 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach in Tarragona

The beach is not that spectacular. I am spoiled being from Marthas Vineyard as beaches on the Med don't compare. Tarragona is cool though, stay near the plaza in the old part of town near the Roman ruins.

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,875 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach in Tarragona

We liked Hotel Placa La Font but it's kind of a "budget" hotel.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,981 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach in Tarragona

Tend to agree that Med beaches are not as great as most people imagine (no tides), but Tarragona's beach is ok.

There are a few pics from 2011 on this page...

avengerpenguins.com/gallery2/main.php…

5. Re: Beach in Tarragona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2014, 06:20