We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best food in La Coruna, any tips?

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
301 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Best food in La Coruna, any tips?

We're visiting La coruna for 2 days.

I like to consider myself a foodie, so what are the best places to eat, we don't care if the place is fancy/average/ugly , we only care about the food.

thanks

1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Best food in La Coruna, any tips?

Defo head for "calle real" it's located off a side street near the port and riazior beach. Appreciate this is way past your posted date but I hope you discovered this lil Jem of a place. There's a tiny bar called "la bombilla" and I thoroughly recommend the traditional Spanish tortilla. Yummy! My family are from Coruña and I visit as often as pos, I always make sure I pay a visit to this place. Also recommend a raxo speciality place in el Burgo. You'd need a car to travel there, just by the reservoir but 100% worth it. Great food no frills service but you won't be hungry for 3 days after visiting. Hope you get there one day

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,163 posts
3,577 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best food in La Coruna, any tips?

Abs:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187507-c163373/La-Co…

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
6,001 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best food in La Coruna, any tips?

Somehow this old thread has been risen!

Edited: 29 June 2014, 07:57
Carballo, Spain
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best food in La Coruna, any tips?

La bombilla is a classical tapas restaurant, with almost no seating place.

El Secreto, it is in an alley behind Juana de Vega street, is a good place if you want to know more about regional wines. They know everything you could ask about spanish wines. They focus on Galicia wines. Food is also served. In that same alley is another restaurant, with no name, ruled by mrs Nieves. If you ask in El Secreto, they will tell you where it is. They serve the best Galician tipe meals in the city. It is an affordable place.

If you are looking for a michelin stars type, go to arbore da beira, downtown. Out of the city is la estación de Cambre. If you don't have a car, it is a 30 minutes journey on taxi.

The best place to eat pulpo is Pulpeira de Melide, in plaza de España square. There are also plenty of restaurants and pubs on that square.

5. Re: Best food in La Coruna, any tips?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 07:16