We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing excursion

altrincham
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing excursion

Hi

I am planning a trip to A Coruna in July and wanted to experience fishing in the Atlantic, with some professional guidance. Does anyone know of any providers of this sort of trip in A Coruna?

Many thanks

Adam

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing excursion

None I can find in the city.

Maybe you can get to one of these?

turgalicia.es/canas-e-anzos-pesca-deportiva…

or experience working with commercial fishers.

turgalicia.es/imos-de-pesca-traballos-no-mar…

Asturias
Level Contributor
344 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing excursion

You could try emailing these guys for local guides / charter boats -> http://www.pescamarsada.es as they sponsor the local boat fishing competition. They MAY also advise on where / how to get a license. Generally in Spain it is a different license for fishing from a boat rather than the coast. They MAY arrange it for you or point you to the local Medio Ambiente office. No harm asking.

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing excursion

Mike I would have thought that any organised trip would have included a licence. If not this is the website for applying for a licence in a lot of areas of Spain.

http://www.telelicencia.com/

altrincham
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing excursion

Great - many thanks for your suggestions!

Adam

Asturias
Level Contributor
344 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing excursion

tellicencia has a premium

Asturias
Level Contributor
344 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fishing excursion

@adamski .... if youy decide tha you need a licence .... then I´ll dig around but as ´Casa´ says. if it is a licenced outfit, then they´ arrangge a torist licence ... can´t promise anything but I´ll have a look. Why so vague .... the fishing laws here, in the north of Spain are changing every season as they are trying to find a balance (not very sucessfully), around conservation,.

Asturias
Level Contributor
344 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fishing excursion

apologies for bad spelling but trying to use a spanish keyboard ..... it´s different.

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fishing excursion

Yes they are, but it is hard when you go back to one you are used to after a while. Welcome to Spain... it is different.

9. Re: Fishing excursion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 05:16