We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from Combarro

london
Level Contributor
29 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip from Combarro

We are staying near Combarro for a week from June 29. We will have a rental car but I feel parking in SDC may be difficult. So we were thinking of driving to a station, maybe Padron, to take the train from there. But the trains are not very frequent during the day. The service from Pontevedra seems much better, but then we would presumably have a parking problem there too? Any other thoughts? Maybe there is a park and ride arrangement in SDC? We would visit on the Monday or Tuesday as I imagine these may be less busy.

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip from Combarro

Never had a problem in finding parking garages in SdC. All will have CCTV for security. Some are located right next to the old city and others located in the newer parts but still near to the old city than the railways station is.

Here is a list of car parks around the city.

santiagoturismo.com/servizos-basicos/aparcad…

There is no park and ride.

Before choosing which day to visit, ensure what you want to see is open.

Edited: 18 June 2013, 22:08
Baiona, Spain
Level Contributor
58 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip from Combarro

Only thing to add to comments is my favourite car park in Santiago, as its so central and easy to get to, is Plaza Galicia see paxinasgalegas.es/parking-praza-galicia-2548… Like most locals you can always look for a free space especially on the outskirts as if there are no parking restrictions it is perfectly legal to park on a public highway.Have a great time.

3. Re: Day trip from Combarro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2014, 06:17