We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed and breakfast in Gibraltar

Spain
2 posts
Save Topic
Bed and breakfast in Gibraltar

Hello, cand anyone recommend a BandB? Thanks.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Gibraltar
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bed and breakfast in Gibraltar

Hi

There are no B&Bs in Gibraltar.

Click on the 'Gibraltar Hotels' section to the left of this page to find some information on the Hotels in Gib.

Or you could stay in a 'pension'or Guesthouse in La Linea, the Spanish town across the border.

Gibraltar
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bed and breakfast in Gibraltar

Hi

You can try the cannon hotel in Gibraltar the number is 00350 20051711

Its the nearest to a BandB.

Southampton
Level Contributor
284 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bed and breakfast in Gibraltar

I'd second the Canon Hotel in Gibraltar as one of the cheaper places to stay. The other place to stay in Gib that is very reasonable is Jade Travel lettings. It's self catering but very good. I've stayed in both so if you have any questions let me know.

Rosie

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bed and breakfast in Gibraltar

Having stayed at the Cannon I can only advise you to avoid it like the plague!

You should always read hotel reviews in TA before making any decision, sadly some do not post accurate photo's of the inerior or do not in order to hide the harsh realities.

Gibraltar is an expensive place to stay and although the rates for the Cannon are very reasonable the truth is you get what you pay for - £25.50 (single room) got me a room with bed where the headboard was screwed to the wall and the bed was reminiscent of a POW camp, a wardrobe which almost fell apart and a tiny table, nothing else.

Walls were wafer thin so I could hear all that wents on in adjacent rooms.

To sum up - read the review "Cannon Fire" - I know nothing about the person who posted this but it says it all.

I would recommend the Queens Hotel, more in-room facilities, more expensive, better views, better breakfast.

If you could stretch to about £20 more than the Queens, and you had set dates, you could actually get a room at the Caleta (4*) by shopping around or contacting them directly.

Let me know how it went.

Europe
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bed and breakfast in Gibraltar

Wow, I stayed at Canon Hotel once and I had no kind of problems. Maybe this was because I only stayed 1 day and I used my room just as a place where to shut my eyes. However, I didn't notice anything wrong. These guys may be right.

EuropeWord

Southampton
Level Contributor
284 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bed and breakfast in Gibraltar

I was there 3 days and I must admit never had any issues. I must admit that I didn't expect anything as they advertise as basic rooms with or without ensuite bathrooms. It is basic, but clean and the food was good. Maybe I just got lucky but the people that owned it really did bend over backwards to help. Will have to nosey through other peoples reviews I think!

Gibraltar, Europe
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bed and breakfast in Gibraltar

My sister booked in the Cannon for a week a two years ago. She stayed one night and moved into the Bristol.

8. Re: Bed and breakfast in Gibraltar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 02:20
Get answers to your questions about Gibraltar