We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap accommadation in Gib?

Which Gibraltar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
115 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap accommadation in Gib?

I'm sure this must have been asked before but is there any such thing as cheap digs in Gib? I was there about a month ago and i am definitely coming back for a return visit. I stayed just over the border in Spain. It was cheap enough but i would prefer to stay more central Gib next time. The websites i have been looking at seem to show Gib hotels are more expensive than Spain.

Gloucester
Level Contributor
572 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap accommadation in Gib?

Try Ocean Heights self catering apartments through either Jade travel or Herald travel. pretty basic I think but does have a rooftop swimming pool and is very central, a couple of mins to Main Street and Casemates. Know the building but haven't stayed there yet. Heading out to them in the Summer, it was the only way we could afford to get back to Gib at the moment and we reckoned it would be Ok as just want a place to sleep! There are also the Governor's Apartments self catering I have seen advertised.

UK
Level Contributor
115 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap accommadation in Gib?

Many thanks. I will check those out.

Southampton
Level Contributor
284 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap accommadation in Gib?

If you are after self catering Jade Lettings is very good. We have rented from them twice now and the owner (a lovely lady called Margaret) is always helpful. They are basic but clean and close to all the amenities. There is also parking if you are renting a car. It can be a little tricky to find a spot but we haven't ever had problems.

If you want a bed and breakfast then the Canon Hotel is cheapest. You can chose a room with or without a bathroom and the rooms are clean and very basic. With ocean heights you get a TV and sky, there is a pool (which is always clean and well maintained) but with the canon it is just a bed and a wardrobe. The Canon is run by a family of ex-pats and again they are very helpful. I have stayed at both and Ocean Heights would be my preference but then self catering provides the freedom I like to have. Hope this helps. I have photos of the Ocean Heights apartments and if you send me your e-mail I'll pass them on.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap accommadation in Gib?

The Governor's Apartments are certainly cheap. It did the job for us for a couple of nights and then we blew the money we saved on a night at The Rock.

Gibraltar, Europe
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap accommadation in Gib?

Mr Cellophane

Thank you for your feedback about Governor's Apts. I had heard someone locally say they were Ok but I would like a second opinion. You were not very specific. Were they clean and safe (furniture in good repair - cooker and crockery usuable?

And would you recommend them to a fussy friend on Trip advisor ?

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap accommadation in Gib?

OK sounds a perfect summary. They were clean and there were toiletries in the bathroom. Kitchen was fine, bedding and furniture had seen better days. For someone who is fussy - no way, for someone on a budget - perfect. I did a review after I stayed, with some photos

tripadvisor.co.uk/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Gibraltar, Europe
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap accommadation in Gib?

Thanks, the photos were particularly helpful - the non-matching bedroom furniture didn't make it look wonderful, but the kitchen and bathroom did look well kept - I just wish we had more regular reviews of these small places.

8. Re: Cheap accommadation in Gib?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2011, 08:22