We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how do i get from morocco to gibraltar and back?

san francisco
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
how do i get from morocco to gibraltar and back?

I'll be in Morocco in October. I can't find any info online re: direct ferry service from Morocco to Gibraltar. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Spain
Level Contributor
278 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how do i get from morocco to gibraltar and back?

I dont think there is now a direct service. You will need to go to Algeciras or Tarifa and then get the bus from there. Algeciras to La Linea (Spanish border with Gib) is about 35 mins on the bus but there is also a ferry from Algeciras to Gib which runs throughout the day which takes about 30 mins. Tarifa is further away so Algeciras is the best bet!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
117 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how do i get from morocco to gibraltar and back?

I agree with SpanishScouse. Tarifa has the shortest ferry ride, but is much farther away from Gib. Algeciras is closer to Gib (about 40 minutes or so), but the ferry ride is longer. Also, we found the times for the Algeciras ferry to be much less convenient.

Good luck.

san francisco
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: how do i get from morocco to gibraltar and back?

Thank you both for the info!

Toronto
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: how do i get from morocco to gibraltar and back?

I was thinking about the same thing but in the reverse direction, somehow. Just getting from Gibraltar to Ceuta but the ferry website shows me that there is no ferry going for whatever reason.

Gibraltar
Level Contributor
12 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how do i get from morocco to gibraltar and back?

There's a direct Morrocan ferry link between Gibraltar and Tangier running practically everyday of the week. Contact Smith Imossi Shipping in Gibraltar they're the agents. There are no direct links to Ceuta - only Ceuta-Algeciras. Travel between Gibraltar and Algeciras is easy: fast ferry, bus to La Linea Bus Station next to the border, taxi (about €25).

6. Re: how do i get from morocco to gibraltar and back?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Gibraltar
Recent Conversations