We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from La Linea to Algecrais

Uk
Level Contributor
350 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from La Linea to Algecrais

There seems to be 3 bus terminus in Algecrais. I've heard the bus from La Linea uses a stop opposite the station entrance. Is that the only stop it uses in Algecrais or does it use others as well?

Uk
Level Contributor
350 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from La Linea to Algecrais

Forgot to add to my original post:

The La Linea bus timetable available online is dated Dec 2009 for the Algecrais-La Linea service and November 2010 for the Portillo bus services from La Linea. Are these likely to be the same for buses operating in May 2011?

Spain
Level Contributor
278 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from La Linea to Algecrais

I´m not quite sure what your question is. The bus from La Linea stops in Algeciras bus station. It stops prior to this just before you get into Algeciras, by the Red Cross Hospital. Portillo buses does have a summer timetable, which is more frequent than the winter timetable that you are possibly looking at. But when this will come online I dont know.

Uk
Level Contributor
350 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from La Linea to Algecrais

What I was meaning is a map shows three buses terminus in Algeciras: one opposite the rail station, one a few hundred metres south of the rail station and one at the port. Does the bus for La Linea just use the one stop in Algeciras or does it use all three of those?

Spain
Level Contributor
278 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from La Linea to Algecrais

From my experience, it stops at the main station by the railway station. Some stops on Portillo buses are by request only so if you require a different stop, ask the bus driver and he may stop there.

Uk
Level Contributor
350 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from La Linea to Algecrais

I thought the La Linea-Algecrias service was operated by Campo de Gibraltar rather than Portillo?

Uk
Level Contributor
350 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from La Linea to Algecrais

Slightly different question. Does anyone know the approximate return fare for La Linea to Algeciras,

7. Re: Bus from La Linea to Algecrais

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 00:18