We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I buy an ipad 2 & will it be cheaper than the uk?

Which Gibraltar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
140 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Where can I buy an ipad 2 & will it be cheaper than the uk?

Is Gibraltar more expensive for shopping?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Gibraltar
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I buy an ipad 2 & will it be cheaper than the uk?

You won't get it cheaper in Gib.

The only goods that are cheaper over there are tabacco, alcohol , perfume and cosmetics.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I buy an ipad 2 & will it be cheaper than the uk?

Shop on main street was advertising them and another in a side street from the corner where Cannon pub stands. Don't know about ipad in particular but PC prices seemed very similar to UK.

Scotland
Level Contributor
140 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I buy an ipad 2 & will it be cheaper than the uk?

Would you not save the uk VAT?

4. Re: Where can I buy an ipad 2 & will it be cheaper than the uk?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 19:55
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Gibraltar
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where can I buy an ipad 2 & will it be cheaper than the uk?

Yasmin

Not really. You probably are saving UK VAT but the shops can charge what they like so they'll put the prices up. All are small independent shops so they'll price items however they wish. You'll have to haggle too unlike the UK.

As I said before, you won't get it cheaper than here in the UK

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where can I buy an ipad 2 & will it be cheaper than the uk?

Maybe no VAT but there could well be Import duties and taxes that the shops have to pay to clear customs...... and pass on to the customer

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Where can I buy an ipad 2 & will it be cheaper than the uk?

I paid 599 pound in Gib for 16G and 3G. cannot find anything cheaper throughout Uk and Spain.

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Where can I buy an ipad 2 & will it be cheaper than the uk?

I paid 599 pound in Gib for 16G and 3G. cannot find anything cheaper throughout Uk and Spain.

Dorchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where can I buy an ipad 2 & will it be cheaper than the uk?

And Gib is not in the EU so you can only bring back electrical goods up to the value of £390 without having to pay import duty/VAT. Everyone forgets this (or relies on not getting caught) which could be a BIG mistake - it is not worth it to save a few quid.

San Luis de...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where can I buy an ipad 2 & will it be cheaper than the uk?

Currently you can get Ipad 2 16GB for £369 in Gib, whereas Amazon is charging £415. Probably not worth the trip unless you are nearby