We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Witnesses needed for our wedding

Chigwell, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Witnesses needed for our wedding

Hi,

We are looking for someone to be our witnesses on the 27th July. Is anyone able to help us please?

Southampton
Level Contributor
284 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Witnesses needed for our wedding

I am not going to be there for your wedding, but I will say we only had one witness and simply told the registrar the day before (when you present your documents) and they said not to worry. When we got married they just grabbed one of the girls from the office! Apparently they are used to it!

If you want to put your mind at ease you could always call them/e-mail them to check. But I only got married two years ago and this definitely seems the norm.

Chigwell, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Witnesses needed for our wedding

Thank you Rosie, apperiently they told us that they didn't provide witnesses. We hope it's all going to be ok. But you know you always are worried when you are not sure about something...

Southampton
Level Contributor
284 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Witnesses needed for our wedding

I know what you mean! I figured when we got married, that worse comes to worst we would just ask people in the street! They we're ok though :) I hope everything goes smoothly, and congratulations!

Cornish lass
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Witnesses needed for our wedding

i have no witnesses! For september! i hope we can sort something! im so worried!

Southampton
Level Contributor
284 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Witnesses needed for our wedding

If you are staying at a hotel you could ask the hotel about this? We always stay at a flat rented from Jade Lettings and the lady who rents to us said if we had trouble she could help out (or find someone who could). The locals in Gib are lovely so I am sure you will find someone. It is nerve wracking though!

If either of you have any questions I can help with regarding getting married over there let me know, it's been nearly two years but if I can help I will! I remember how worried I was it would go to pot!

Sheffield, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Witnesses needed for our wedding

I can act as your witness. Would you be kind enough to act as mine on the 29th July? If you are ok with this, please send your contact details to paul_holly@yahoo.co.uk.

Regards,

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Witnesses needed for our wedding

Hi Liana

I am having the same problem now that you had back in July. I am getting married next week, Friday 9th March, but we are without 1 witness. I wanted to ask what you ended up doing and the result when you got married last year??

Is it easy to find someone simply off of the street?! I am an organised person and the very thought of doing this is terrifying me!

Any advice, from anyone would be hugely appreciated.

From, a very worried bride-to-be.

8. Re: Witnesses needed for our wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Gibraltar