We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Living and find a job in GIBRALTAR_2012

Which Gibraltar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milan, Italy
1 post
Save Topic
Living and find a job in GIBRALTAR_2012

Hi,

My names Mascia I'm 36 and I am Italian.

I want relocate to Gibraltar, mid octobre 2012, for find a job in the online industry (as customer service) or in the tourist service.

I read some advice and anyone said is better rent a room outside La Línea de la Concepción. May suggest me some website where to rent c/o private landlord? My plan is to share with other roommates. To find a room is my biggest preoccupation.

How long time is necessary to find a job? is better send cv by email o bring it ono to one by hand?

I've lived for 3years in London, I have NI and a british bank account, is better living in Gibraltar or Spain. I didn't understand very well the different respect live in Spain or Gibralt , apart only that is more expensive and there is a big mess. Like London?

Other thing. I want enrol to a intensive english course, someone may advise the best college.

So basically, any tips or advice would be appreciated, the more I know the better. :)

Thank you for reading.

:)

London, England...
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Living and find a job in GIBRALTAR_2012

Hello

I wanted to ask how are your preparations going. I am planning to leave to Gibraltar as well therefore I will be looking for flat.

have you been considering flatshare, at least for start?

Cheers

Peter

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,330 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Living and find a job in GIBRALTAR_2012

At present there is a very big demand for the renting of flats in Gibraltar and consequently rents are high. For example a three bedroom flat averages between £850 to £1,500 per month and the minimum tenancy is normally six months.

At the moment there is hardly any accommodation available.

Even the most basic hotels offer rooms of very poor standard and with no amenities from about £30 per night.

You would ideally need to know someone in Gibraltar who could scout for you or read the local papers, unfortunately these papers do not show their adverts online so you cannot do it from outside Gibraltar.

I hope this helps although it is not good news.

Gibraltar
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Living and find a job in GIBRALTAR_2012

Send an email in English to the Consolato d'Italia in Gibilterra, italy.gibraltar@gmail.com

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Living and find a job in GIBRALTAR_2012

http://www.thinkspain.com/jobs-in-spain/23

5. Re: Living and find a job in GIBRALTAR_2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 February 2013, 21:35
6. Re: Living and find a job in GIBRALTAR_2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Gibraltar