We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Autos Aguirre

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
30 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Autos Aguirre

Does anyone have any experience of Autos Aguirre at La Linea (Gib airport).

Many thanks

46 replies to this topic
London, England...
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Autos Aguirre

I was just about to ask that question.

It's about the only company I can find with availability left. The fact they are on the airport's website has led me to believe they are 'genuine' and to be fair they've been very responsive in emails.

When are you going? I can update you when I get back after I've used them, but it may be too late for you.

Spain
Level Contributor
278 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Autos Aguirre

They are a genuine company with its office on the border just to your left as you come into Spain.

I have used them and we didn't have the best experience (long story short, car broke down, replacement car was 2 classes lower than we paid, they wouldn't refund the difference and they demanded the price of a tank of fuel for the broken car - they didn't get it.) We sorted this out the following day and then had no further problems. We just had a bad experience, plenty of people use them daily and they're very established.

Mr_Frisk
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Autos Aguirre

I also had a bad experience with this company and would recommend others AVOID. Autos Aguirre have invested nothing in the business and consequently offer a poor service to customers.

Pick up after 8pm you need to pay a late pickup fee of €18, 8pm hardly seems late for a sensible car hire company and one operating in Spain!

Malaga airport location is a long way to the cars there once you’ve found the guy who checks you in and gives you the keys, this is at arrivals not where the other (proper) car hire companies are.

The car was small, old and in a poor condition, plastic pieces fell off whenever you opened the boot etc.

There is no proper internet booking engine on the website, instead the staff take details from a form and transpose them onto their system, an error was made by the staff doing this but they insisted that the customer should pay for their acknowledged mistake. As they have the fuel deposit they have your money and so can refuse no matter how wrong they are. Staff were rude and poorly trained.

Also worth noting is that there is seldom parking outside their office in La Linea and it is on a main road so tough to unload the car on a main road on bringing it back, especially with children etc.

The office in La Linea doesn't open till 9am and closes for a two hour lunch break each day, the printers were broken in the office so it was impossible to see the reservation email that they were disputing.

The business deserves to fail in a competitive space as in every area of a simple business they are deficient and have failed to invest. I would try someone else, they cannot be this bad.

Havant, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Autos Aguirre

My friends and I have all used this company's La Linea office for years when holidaying in Tarifa, and have always found them competitively priced and efficient. My experiences do not mirror those described above - I am just about to book with them again.

Sotogrande, Spain
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Autos Aguirre

Great friendly people easy procedure. The best of the car hire companies I have dealt with and I have used many over the years. Keep up the good work. Thanks

London, England...
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Autos Aguirre

I used them - not sure I would again.

I was expected to be met at the airport - instead I had to walk across the border to their office.

The car air-con didn't work and they didn't answer a request for a new one or a replacement.

Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Autos Aguirre

I was in gibraltar this summer with my boyfriend and we booked a car with autos Aguirre because we wanted to drive to Tarifa and go around with the car for one week and the car was really new and clean and the people at the office were very helpful. We were happy with them and I can only recommend that car rental company since the price was good because it didn't have any hidden costs ( which I had another time in Malaga with the gold car company I had to pay for fuel I didn't use and extra fees in the end :-( )

Matlock Bath...
Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Autos Aguirre

Have used Autos Aguirrre in La Linea (Gibraltar Airport) several times. Always superb service, good cost & quality cars.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Autos Aguirre

They are a great company to use. They are friendly and easy to use. We collected our car from Malaga Airport and returned to La Linea (Gibraltar Airport, Spanish Side). Anyone can have a car that breaks down from any company! We will use them again if in that area of Spain.

Sa Coma, Spain
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Autos Aguirre

I can only speak very highly about Autos Aguirre, their customer service was excellent.

I reserved 2 cars, a Fiat 500 for my daughter, with a child's seat and an automatic Ford Focus. both cars were brand new, and the child's seat was also impeccably clean.

It was a great help being able to pick up the car inside Gibraltar's airport , as we didn't have to walk with our suitcases across the border control, as It was very hot and there was a long queue of people waiting, to pass through.

The price was very reasonable and the woman from Autos Aguirre that met us, was so helpful and nice and gave us lots of information about the best places to visit.

When we finished our holiday, we dropped the cars back at the airport parking in Gibraltar.

I would definitely recommend Autos Aguirre.

Reply to: Autos Aguirre
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gibraltar
Recent Conversations