We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family move to Gibraltar

Which Gibraltar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Family move to Gibraltar

Myself, my husband and 3 children aged 16, 13 and 8 are thinking of moving to Gibraltar. My husband is a graphic designer and is hoping to find a job quite easily, I am a community worker so am not so sure how lucky I will be in finding work? We really fancy a change from the rat race we currently live in and am drawn Gibraltar. Any advice on how best to go about this would be much appreciated. Information on schools, accommodation, employment and general standard of living please.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,279 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family move to Gibraltar

As Gibraltar is an expensive place to buy and/or rent accommodation, you are strongly advised to secure employment first.

There are many forums online which discuss the virtues and pitfalls of moving to Gibraltar.

This site deals with relocating to Gib recruitgibraltar.com/relocationGibraltar.asp

This is a Gib chat forum www.expat-blog.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=313

This is another chat forum expatforum.com/expats/spain-expat-forum-expa…

Gibraltar
Destination Expert
for Gibraltar
Level Contributor
614 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family move to Gibraltar

As at least two of your children are still in school, you will need to be resident in Gibraltar for them to be allowed to enroll. I have two children in a local school and we are all very happy with it.

Rents are high. Expect to pay over £1200 a month for a 3 bedroom apartment. Property is also expensive to purchase, although there are some good tax breaks for first time buyers in Gibrlatar, and after 3 years residency you are able to purchase housing.

I certainly wouldn't move here without having first found a job. This also would come with the added benefit of potential relocation assistance from the future employer.

3. Re: Family move to Gibraltar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Gibraltar