We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Gibraltar

2 posts
Save Topic
Traveling to Gibraltar

Hello, I was wondering if it is still a nightmare to travel from Spain into Gibraltar, queue wise? If we were to drive down, does a bus run from the border into the town?

Thanks,

Niamh

Gibraltar
Destination Expert
for Gibraltar
Level Contributor
785 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to Gibraltar

At the moment its hard to predict how bad the queues will be on any particular day. You should always naturally expect some sort of queues, but whether it will be 10 minutes or 2 hours is impossible to second guess.

There is ample secured parking around the border, should the queues be too long. There is a bus from the border into town and its also easily walkable (15 minutes).

You can check the current queue by looking at the webcam, which should give you some indication before you set off (or on the way in on a smartphone/tablet etc):

alcaidesamarina.com/seccion/en/webcam/104/

(note that the cars in the inside lane are parked, and are not part of the queue)

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to Gibraltar

Thank you!

Bolton, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling to Gibraltar

How are the queue's if we plan on walking across the border? We are planning a cab from Malaga airport and then to walk across the border

Bolton, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling to Gibraltar

How are the queue's if we plan on walking across the border? We are planning a cab from Malaga airport and then to walk across the border we will be there this sunda

Gibraltar
Destination Expert
for Gibraltar
Level Contributor
785 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling to Gibraltar

There shouldn't be much of a queue, if any, if you are walking across.

UK
Level Contributor
9 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling to Gibraltar

I'm travelling to The Rock in 2014 and landing at Gibraltar Airport, which should in theory avoid the border issue (I hope)!

Bangi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling to Gibraltar

Will there be any problem travelling out of Gibraltar into Spain? We are planning to go to malaga but dueto flight problem , we plan to fly yo Gibraltar and then drive to malaga.

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Traveling to Gibraltar

hi

are a group of 7 arriving by cruise ship on wed 30th October. two 14 year old boys, parents, and 3 grandparents one of whom is in a wheel chair. I have enquired from Gib Taxis about a vehicle and they seem to be very helpful. my question is, does anyone have any experience about them? they are asking for full payment in advance on my credit card in order to book the taxi. and because of the wheel chair we are anxious that we get a vehicle that can accommodate it/us. the four younger members are thinking we may depart from the tour vehicle for some of the time to do some foot work. any comments please.. thanks michele

9. Re: Traveling to Gibraltar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Gibraltar
Recent Conversations