We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding Planner

Which Gibraltar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Corby, United...
Level Contributor
256 posts
164 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding Planner

Hi.

Can someone recommend a wedding planner in Gibraltar to plan a wedding for us. Can someone tell me how easy it is to plan yourself. We like a wedding in an outside venue. We will habe a very small party of eight people.

Hoping someone can advise please.

Many Thanks

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Gibraltar
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding Planner

I think for 8 it would be quite easy to do it yourself. All you need is to book the registry office or the Dell, a restaurant, a hairdresser and some flowers. All very easy to research online and book either online or by phone. Ask for recommendations here. But if you do want a wedding planner maybe do a google search...sorry but I have no experience of using one

2. Re: Wedding Planner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2013, 10:22
Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding Planner

Hi,

We were married in Gibraltar in August this year. It was a second marriage for us both and we were unsure of the paperwork etc. We chose to employ a wedding planner as we wanted someone local who could also suggest accommodation and venues that were conveniently located.

We used a company called Hour Weddings. They gave us a list of all the documents we needed right at the start of planning so we could make sure it was all ready.

Ours was to be a small wedding of about 20 guests. We wanted everyone to stay in the same hotel. We were offered a range of hotels and chose the Caleta. Beautiful hotel.

The venue for our Wedding Dinner was the Landings Restuaurant - lovely - the Lamb Shank was delicious!

Flowers and Photographer were booked - by March we felt ready and it had been very simple. Hour Weddings did the running around, getting quotes, discussing preferences etc. all I had to do was choose my favourite options. A whole lot easier than organising my first wedding!!!

Then disaster struck. 12 weeks before the wedding my now husband was hit by a life threatening illness. We didn't know if he would live, and if he did what his physical state would be, there was a strong chance he'd loose a leg. Obviously this meant the wedding had to be reorganised. I called hour wedding and explained the situation. They kept in almost daily contact with me, offering support that went beyond the call of duty. All our vendors were on "standby". 3 weeks before the wedding we knew the position. My husband lived and kept his leg, but was in a wheelchair and very weak. We decided the Wedding should be downsized to just us. That was organised. Then our friends demanded they MUST attend - that was organised. I think our plans changed 4 times in 2 weeks. All was organised for us by Hour Weddings with no fuss and no stress. The day was beautiful, calm and serene, then we had a lot of fun. All our vendors were well prepared for my husbands wheelchair and limitations. The photographer managed to organise spots where my husband could appear to be standing but was actually "propped up" our photos are lovely. The cars were totally flexible regarding how when and where we wanted to be picked up. Our day was perfect.

Therefore I can recommend the following:

Wedding Planner - Hour Weddings calm, professional, caring. Took all the worry out of organising.

Hotel - The Caleta - home from home.

Restaurant - The Landings - Lamb Shank - indescribable if I'd had the space I'd have eaten two or more.

Cars - Michael Reeve - beautiful red convertible - took us on a lovely long joy ride.

Flowers - Gibral Flora - individual design to my personal preferences.

Photographer (who was hilarious) - the bride and her scarecrow - unforgettable.

Hope your day is as great as ours was.

4. Re: Wedding Planner

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 January 2014, 12:35
5. Re: Wedding Planner

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 05:17