We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary for Gibraltar

Which Gibraltar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary for Gibraltar

So, I am going to Gibraltar from Thursday February 13-Sunday February 16 2014. I will have all thursday, friday, and saturday to do anything there!

I was wondering what would be some good things to do while there, maybe a mock itinerary or some shout outs as to places to go/eat/things to do?

I am very much in to traveling (I heard Tangier, Morocco may be good but I know nothing about it- how to get there, what to do when there, and I would absolutely travel nearby Spain but I don't know where to go. Thoughts on this??), I love scuba diving and am advanced certified, and I am pretty much down for any ideas you have!

Thanks guys!

Southampton
Level Contributor
2,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary for Gibraltar

If you have time, visit St Michael's Cave at the top of the rock. there's a variety of different tours that take in different things in and around the rock but St Michael's Cave is spectacular.

UK
Level Contributor
115 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary for Gibraltar

Hi. I did the trip to Tangiers. A local bus from La Linea to Algeciras and then by ferry. I would not want to put you off the trip if you really want to do it, but I stayed a couple of nights and to be honest I would have left after 2 hours ! The incessant pestering and hassling the second you leave the Hotel is absolutely intolerable. What ever you say to these guys they just won't leave you alone. I'm a big guy and can handle myself but they still seem very intimidating at times. I could quite easily have lost my temper with them but know if I had have done it would have ended in tears. I was very glad to leave. As for your sightseeing in Gib. You can pretty much do it in half a day if you go on one of the organised Rock Tours by taxi. You can usually pick these up in Main Street or by the cable car. Costs around £22 but that gives you entrance to St Michaels caves, takes you to top of rock to see apes etc. It also saves you the cost of cable car. It's quite an informative and interesting tour. Not sure how many of you there are but the taxi will need to be full to get the tour at that price per person.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Gibraltar
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary for Gibraltar

3 full days in Gib will be nice, you'll get a good feel of the place

Have a look at the top of this page and click on 'things to do' . Apart from the obvious sightseeing, you can do a dive, there's some great scuba diving to be done in Gib waters and go on a dolphin trip too. I wouldn't bother with a day trip to Tangiers but if you are keen on doing a day trip away from Gib then I would consider Seville or Ronda

Gloucester
Level Contributor
571 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary for Gibraltar

I would spend the three days in Gibraltar, there is so much more to the place than just the Rock Tour to explore and everything is easily accessible on foot or by bus.

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary for Gibraltar

Thank you! I think I'm going to try this out

6. Re: Itinerary for Gibraltar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 05:18