We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

morrisons supermarket

Spain
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
201 reviews
Save Topic
morrisons supermarket

Is the food,health care goods etc more expensive than a uk morrisons. could someone give me an idea. thanks

Gibraltar
Destination Expert
for Gibraltar
Level Contributor
787 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: morrisons supermarket

Some items are cheaper and some are more expensive.

In general, you should probably expect to pay around 10% more than you would for an "average" uk supermarket shopping basket.

Level Contributor
640 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: morrisons supermarket

Indeed, some items are cheaper, others more expensive.

What is far more bizarre is the policy regarding putting items on special offers, which seems divorced from stock levels and sales history. Due to supply chain distance some products do go out of stock for a day or so from time to time. What doesn't help with keeping sales volumes steady and predictable is that when something that is out of stock comes back in they sometimes put it straight on offer - despite the fact people would have bought it anyway (due to pent up demand). When you couple the lower price, with the pent up demand and the knowledge that this kind of problem can happen - people buy more and it will then go out of stock again.

I don't want to paint a gloomy picture, there will always be alternatives in stock, and (apart from a bank holiday weekend) the shelves are usually well stocked, it is just there are a couple of specific products where I have seen this happen time and time again.

I guess they don't care about that extra percentage, it is the most profitable store that Morrisons have.

To confirm the answer to your actual question, some things are a bit more, others are actually less. If you allow yourself a 10% buffer you would probably be safe in that - unless your typical basket is only on the more expensive things.

Spain
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: morrisons supermarket

Thank you. do they sell paracetamol the same as the uk or are their any issues with that licence/law wise?

Gibraltar
Destination Expert
for Gibraltar
Level Contributor
787 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: morrisons supermarket

There are the same restrictions as in the UK, i.e you can only buy one product containing paracetamol per visit.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
67 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: morrisons supermarket

Last year my wife did not put her blood pressure pills in the case, we always take our prescriptions with us.

We walked into a small chemist and asked if he had the pills, he said yes and supplied them without a fuss.

And they only cost pennies.... A simular thing happened in Italy the wife came out in a face rash went to a local Dr and he gave her a prescription for some cream the chemist supplied it, the Dr and the chemist did not charge us.... This would never happen in the UK

6. Re: morrisons supermarket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Gibraltar
Recent Conversations