We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding-Caleta Hotel-September 2014

Which Gibraltar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
55 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding-Caleta Hotel-September 2014

Advice please:

1. Caleta Hotel is offering their small terrace (by their restaurant) due to the date and time that the Registrar's office gave us. Originally had the big terrace, but have to switch. Any experience on the small terrace? It is just the 2 of us.

2. We will arrive from our driving holiday through Spain on a Monday. What is crossing border like - timing, busier time of day, wait time?

3. Caleta Hotel - letting them coordinate all. Hair/makeup/nails will be done by their beauty salon. Any experience with these services?

4. Caleta Hotel Restaurant - have asked for a gluten free wedding meal - anyone have any experience with their gluten free offerings?

5. Any advice on a good, reasonable Videographer?

For those still waiting to hear from Registry - Getting hold of registrar's office by email was a nightmare - waited almost a month for a reply - ended up calling there directly. They said they were 3 months behind. Now have to send in docs - hopefully won't be as long before they confirm our booking.

Thanks for any help!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding-Caleta Hotel-September 2014

I am planning a VERY similar wedding as yours, in October (just two of us - no reception). But right now I am contemplating Caleta vs. O'Callaghan Eliott. Are you happy with your selection of the Caleta? And do you recall what they are charging you for: 1) use of the small terrace; 2) overnight stay; and 3) hair/make-up services? Also, did they offer you/provide the photographer in the pre-paid package for the ceremony? Thanks for the tip on the Registry! I thought it strange that I had received no e-mail respons in 2 days! Didn't realize I might be waiting a month! Sheesh....

Thanks for your post! Looking forward to hearing from you. :-)

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
55 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding-Caleta Hotel-September 2014

Replied to your other msg, but will reply here as well and from hereonin. VERY happy with Caleta so far. Got quotes from others, but didn't seem to be able to accommodate as easily. Overnight - 270 for bridal suite, much cheaper for regular room. Hair/Makeup - 120. Terrace - 300, but now have to use small one, so not sure if the price will change. Photographer - 250 for 1 1/2 hours. They have responded to each and every email the same or next day. Call the registry directly or you'll be waiting forever. I'm a bit concerned about hearing back from them once we have submitted our paperwork, as they don't actually confirm the time and date they gave you until they receive your paperwork...Plus, we have 1 month from the time we booked the wedding date to have them approve our paperwork, or our date and time are cancelled. So best to call if you can. Good luck with your decision!!! Hopefully someone will respond to my questions!

3. Re: Wedding-Caleta Hotel-September 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 18:38
4. Re: Wedding-Caleta Hotel-September 2014

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 18:38
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Gibraltar
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding-Caleta Hotel-September 2014

Crossing into Gib on a Monday should be fine, I'm here at the moment and gave had no problems crossing over from and into Spain. I would try to cross after midday just to avoid day trippers crossing in and commuters who cross in first thing in the morning.

I think you should ask for a discount as they are now offering you the small terrace, I'm not sure which terrace it is so I cant comment, but I'm sure it'll be lovely. I had my wedding reception at the Caleta ....many years ago! ..... and it is a lovely location.

Good luck

Estepona Malaga
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding-Caleta Hotel-September 2014

Hello Deb and Stacey.

Caleta is a great location and the views from their terrace nicer that most of the other hotels. Just writing to let you know that there are a few Wedding Planners that could have helped you on the paperwork, and choosing locations, restaurants, hair and makeup artists, photographer etc... And most of the time they have deals with hotels and all the professionals to help them get you the best prices, even better ones than the ones you get privately. Remember that you only get married once and the planners bring them a bigger volume of work.

Best wishes on your big day

7. Re: Wedding-Caleta Hotel-September 2014

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 05:16