We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Rioja in connection with the movie "The Way"

Harlingen, Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
La Rioja in connection with the movie "The Way"

My husband and I were planning our 5th trip to Italy but changed our minds and decided to meet our friends in La Rioja the 3rd week in October. I just found out that part of the movie "The Way" was filmed in La Rioja and walking the Camino de Santiago is on our bucket list. Our personalities mirror Yost from Amsterdam and we simply want to walk and explore, really for the health of it, not spiritual. Curios if there is a recommended walking path? We only have about 5 days and not too fond of hostels. Possibly a portion of "the Walk" and hopefully walk into a nice 4 or 5 star hotel. Again, I stress that this is solely for enjoyment and not spiritual. We love history, wine, and room service :) Thanks

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
6,138 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Rioja in connection with the movie "The Way"

I would suggest you ask your question on the forum dedicated to the camino:

http://www.caminodesantiago.me/board

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,099 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Rioja in connection with the movie "The Way"

I would do Najera to Santo Domingo de la Calzada. It's a 21km easy route (around 5 hours) surrounded by a bit vinards followed by cereal fields. Almost no hills, flat. Well signed, follow the yellow arrows. In Santo Domingo I would recommend the Parador hotel, a true 12th century house. www.parador.es/en/cargarFichaParador.do…

…consumer.es/etapa-de-najera-a-santo-domingo…

Harlingen, Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Rioja in connection with the movie "The Way"

Good idea! Thanks

4. Re: La Rioja in connection with the movie "The Way"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 05:19