We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine tours and tastings

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
586 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Wine tours and tastings

We're interested to tour some wineries during our possible visit in late December or early January. Are tours offered during this time period? We also don't plan to rent a car. Are there any tours that include transportation, or are any wineries accessible via public transport? I realize that we have two things going against us (winter holiday period and no car), but if there's any way to visit some wineries we would love to go.

Thank you.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,080 posts
3,606 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine tours and tastings

RJBraun:

There are wine tours from Madrid. Here is one I found on the internet:

viator.com/tours/…d566-5830WINERIES

A wine tour is the easiest way to go. I have been to La Rioja, the most famous wine area in the north. There is little public transportation there and you would need a reservation at every winery you went to.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
586 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine tours and tastings

Thank you, BennyMalaga! The wine tour you suggested looks good, but I'm afraid that we don't plan to visit Madrid this time. I just googled wine tours in La Rioja but they seem to be more elaborate and last several days, which is more time than we will have, unfortunately.

I am still interested to hear other possibilities, if anyone has suggestions. Thanks again!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine tours and tastings

I just posted my three day itinerary. I rented a car b/c there were no other alternatives and I really wanted to go. I was solo and moderated my tastings but still very much enjoyed the visit! It is very easy to make reservations at the wineries by email and in English. My itinerary was grouped by location (near Lagurdia, Haro and Briones). More than two a day is a bit much, even doing two kept me super busy!

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,071 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine tours and tastings

Haro is the capital of the wine production in La Rioja, and it has a big number of bodegas, most of them offering wine tasting and visit to the bodegas and cavas. I was very impressed with CVNE, the oldest in the area.

Princeton, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wine tours and tastings

This tour provides your transportation and stay as you travel through the la rioja and ribera del duero regions of Spain spaintraintours.com/alandalus/riojawineroute…

6. Re: Wine tours and tastings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2014, 05:19