We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vueling airlines

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
95 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Vueling airlines

Has anyone heard of this airline? I am trying to book a trip from Barcelona to Sevilla in June and found an afordable flight on this airline but do not have any experience with it. There is a flight on Iberia, which i know is a much larger airline and therefore probably more reliable, but it is at 7am, so I am leaning towards the flight on Vueling at 10 am. Anyone with information- Pro or Con, that would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!!

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vueling airlines

If you type Vueling airlines into the search box you will find plenty of answers to this question. The general consensus of opinion is that they are a good airline to fly with.

Colmenar Viejo...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vueling airlines

Lots of people use Vueling aimee, and although at this moment in time I've not experienced traveling with them myself I would have absolutely no hesitation in doing so.

constantly moving
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vueling airlines

I just took them a couple of days for the first time. The planes are new airbuses. Service and overall flight experience as pleasant. I am a little tall. The seats were cramped, but survivable for a short flight.

You do not get anything more from Iberia in the way of service and courtesy that you will miss when flying Vueling (maybe a little more leg room) I would fly them again.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,553 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vueling airlines

Iberia more reliable?!?? What made you think that? Because they are bigger? Over protected by their status as "national airlines" wd be many people's view. and service with a smile more likely with any other company in fact. .

We've flown Vueling three trips incl recently to Seville (and back). and been very satisfied and prices are great. . Seating not as cramped as some low-cost carriers.

Spanair also flies BCN_SEV and they are also good, In fact flights throughout the day with all carriers.

constantly moving
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vueling airlines

Seating is not as cramped as some, however I was almost crippled when the person in front of me lowered her seat.

Anyone 5'10" or taller will probably find it uncomfortable.

If you are tall try to get seats in rows 12 or 13 (the exit rows in their airbuses).

London
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vueling airlines

Vueling has a very good reputation for reliability and punctuality - much better than Iberia! Go for it.

constantly moving
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Vueling airlines

Vueling is owned by Iberia!

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vueling airlines

Vueling is an independent company, info on shareholders here - www.vueling.com/EN/info/faq.php…

Clickair, a new airline, is owned by Iberia.

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vueling airlines

Should have added Air Nostrum, also a branch of Iberian Airlines, to the previous post!

Sentosa Island...
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vueling airlines

I took Vueling from Seville to Barcelona. I find that their leg room is slightly more spacious than Iberia. However, note that Vueling is very strict with the baggage allowance limit.