We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Euro/money exchange questions

Sacramento, CA
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Euro/money exchange questions

My first trip to Spain is coming up in May and I have never been to Europe either, so very excited. I travel internationally quite a bit, but am baffled on what do do as far as money for this trip.

My questions are this:

1. Should I bring Euros with me from the States? If so, anybody have any good recommendations on where to get foreign currency here at best rate?

2. Are U.S. issued bank ATM cards really that reliable to use in Spain if I were to get in a pinch for money? I checked with my bank and they charge 1 percent fee per transaction?

3. If I wait to exchange US dollars until my arrival, where are the best places to exchange for Euros? I have read the cambios are not the best places. Does that leave just the banks?

Any other helpful information based on experience while traveling in Spain is much appreciated!

I will be in Bacelona, Malaga, Seville and Madrid.

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Europe
Europe
World
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Seville
Seville
Province of Seville, Spain
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
1. Re: Euro/money exchange questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 May 2012, 15:56
UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Euro/money exchange questions

Plenty of advice re obtaining money on this previous post - tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187514-i126-k5765…

Just remember, when you draw cash out of an ATM, choose euros.

midlands
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Euro/money exchange questions

Use your ATM card.There are plenty of cambio`s around but the fee`s quoted to me were anything from 3- 9 %.It`s a no brainer!

4. Re: Euro/money exchange questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 04:17