We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flamenco on the cheap

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
POOLE, Dorset, UK
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
Flamenco on the cheap

Party of 12 in Madrid 21-23 August (Tuesday-Thursday), staying at the Husa Paseo del Arte.

We would very much like to see some flamenco but can't afford the 40 euro charges at most of the well known places.

Is there anywhere where we can see a show for the price of a couple of beers or a cheap tapas?

It doesn't have to be a professional show as, to be quite honest, we probably couldn't tell the difference.

Also, we have 2 14 year olds in the party. Is this going to be a problem in bars etc?

Thanks.

Miami
Level Contributor
888 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flamenco on the cheap

Taking the 14 year olds to a Flamenco show shouldn't be a problem unless it's at a night club, and even then some are very flexible. I took my daughter when she was 10 bar hopping and didn't have an issue.

One of the shows I liked a lot was at Casa Patas, but I don't remember the price. I do believe it was way under 40 euros. Maybe someone else in the forum can jump in and advise. You do need to call ahead and make a reservation. Maybe ask the hotel?

Taberna Casa Patas

Address: c/Cañizares, 10

Tel: 91-369-0496

Metro: Antón Martin

www.casapatas.com

Taberna Las Gabrieles is a nice quaint place. I went there for some drinks and didn't pay to watch the show, the nights I went they had someone playing a traditional Spanish guitar. On Tuesdays they sometimes have a Flamenco dancer.

Address: Echegaray, 17

Tel: 91 429 62 61

Metro: Sevilla

Cardamomo has a free show every Tuesday starting at 11 pm. They open from 9pm to 3:30 pm

www.cardamomo.net

Address: C/ Echegaray, 15

Tel: 91.369.07.57

Metro: Sevilla (Line 2) Antón Martín (Line 1)

El Juglar has shows every Sunday at 10 pm and the price is 7 euros.

Address: C/ Lavapies, 37

Tel: 91 528 4381

Metro: Lavapies

Torres Bermejas has a show for 29 euros and it includes a drink.

Address: Mesonero Romanos, 11

Tel: 91-532-3322

Metro: Callao

www.torresbermejas.com

La Soleá is where the local flamenco dancers hang out and it's not a place that tourist end up going to. Here you will find impromptu guitar playing and flamenco dancing. Tuesday to Sunday from 10pm to 3am. People sit around in the bar, some pick up the guitar and impromptu performances result.

Address: c/Cava Baja, 34

Tel: 91-365-3308

Metro: La Latina

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flamenco on the cheap

You will find info here - madrid-tourist-guide.com/en/entertainment/fl…

& here - http://tinyurl.com/2khz83

3. Re: Flamenco on the cheap

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 11:28