We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying Train, Bus and Flight tickets at the station/office.

Tunis, Tunisia
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Buying Train, Bus and Flight tickets at the station/office.

Hi,

as I already said in many threads that I can't use my credit card internationally, so I can't book, purchase and buy anything online. Including tickets for train, bus and flight.

I want to know if I can go anytime to the stations and buy my tickets there in advance.

I will use all of these transport means during my stay in Spain, so, is there a possibility to go to Renfe office in Madrid's station and book my tickets there for all my train trips, and do the same thing for a flight from Barcelona to Granada, and a bus trip from Madrid to San Sebastian?

6 replies to this topic
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
69,741 posts
3,767 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying Train, Bus and Flight tickets at the station/office.

Yes, you can buy train tickets at the Atocha Station.

You can buy plane tickets at Viajes El Corte Ingles.

Address: Calle de Goya, 76, 28009 Madrid

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
17,829 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying Train, Bus and Flight tickets at the station/office.

Yes. No problem to buy train tickets at the station. I have purchased train tickets in person many times - For day of travel and in advance.

Cantabria, Spain
Level Contributor
146 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying Train, Bus and Flight tickets at the station/office.

You can do it, but you lost internet or in advance deals.

Is not usual find a train or bus which all tickets have been sold. This could only happen if you try to buy the same day when holidays or long weekends starts.

If you couldnt use internationally your card, have you tried with paypal?

Tunis, Tunisia
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying Train, Bus and Flight tickets at the station/office.

Thank you all for the clarifications, that relieved me from a lot of stress.

about Paypal, it's the same problem here in Tunisia, we cannot use it, in fact, this year the Tunisian government gave Paypal their conditions to let them operate here, but Paypal refused because these conditions were a joke. Our financial policies are really something stupid and old school.

surrey, england
Level Contributor
5,841 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying Train, Bus and Flight tickets at the station/office.

your other option is to ask a friend to buy tickets online and pay him in cash.

3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying Train, Bus and Flight tickets at the station/office.

I am only going to be in Madrid for 1 day and will be staying in town. Can I use my US credit card (Visa) to get train tickets from the airport to town and then buy tickets at a station to go back to the airport the next day? I think most restaurant and shopping in Madrid will accept credit cards but I am not sure about train tickets. I am trying to decide if I need to get some Euro in advance before I leave US. Thanks in advance.

Reply to: Buying Train, Bus and Flight tickets at the station/office.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted