We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how many days in madrid, if any?

Boston
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
how many days in madrid, if any?

hi,

how many days do you think is needed for madrid? I have 8 days total and am thinking of 5 in barcelona and 3 in madrid. I am thinking that doing a one or two more days in madrid with a day trip from madrid might be good too. Any advice?

david

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how many days in madrid, if any?

Do 4 days in each, check out the inside pages for a detailed list of day trips from Barcelona. For trips from Madrid, here is an excellent post from FBV for you - tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187514-i126-k1017…

madrid
Level Contributor
39 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how many days in madrid, if any?

I think 2/3 days in Barcelona is ok, the same as Madrid.

If you can afford it, i would spend 1/2 nights in Sevilla. It is among the beautiest cities in Spain, and is completely different from Madrid and Barcelona. Though expensive, it's only 2 and a half hours from Madrid by train. 8 days is quite enough for Barcelona-Madrid-Sevilla, and you will see three different types of Spanish cities.

Granada would be a nice option too, but it is badly connected with Madrid

If not, 1 day trips recommended above are good alternatives too (Segovia better than others)

3. Re: how many days in madrid, if any?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 15:19