We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We need a great cheap safe clean hostel for family of 4 pls!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
332 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
We need a great cheap safe clean hostel for family of 4 pls!

I need suggestions for a cheap but quaint and cosy hotel/hostel for my family of four in central Madrid please. Nothing fancy just clean and friendly. Also, needs to be easy to get to hotel as my kids (8 and 10) will be carrying their own luggage. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We need a great cheap safe clean hostel for family of 4 pls!

I guess the first questions would be what exactly is your budget? The second is when are you planning on being in Madrid? It would help.

Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
332 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We need a great cheap safe clean hostel for family of 4 pls!

Under 100eu would be great, central location to major sights or plazas, we will be there end of December for 4 days and then try to go south to Cordoba before New Years Eve so we don't have to travel on a public holiday.

Mentioned in this post
Cordoba
Cordoba
Province of Cordoba, Spain
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,122 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We need a great cheap safe clean hostel for family of 4 pls!

Would you believe that the #1 rated hotel on the TA Madrid Hotel section is the Hostal Acapulco which has doubles at 57E? Read the reviews and see if this fits your interests, but if it has that kind of rating it must be do a few things right.

Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
Gothenburg
Level Contributor
59 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We need a great cheap safe clean hostel for family of 4 pls!

Hi!

I can warmly recommend Hostal Bianco II at Calle de Echegaray, very close to most tourist sites, between metro Stations Sol and Sevilla. There were 3 of us who stayed there, paid 55 EUR for a triple. Check their website at www.hostalbianco.com

It¨s a nice decent hostal and we would definitely stay there the next time we visit beautiful Madrid. We walked everywhere! The only not so positive thing about this hostal is the thin walls, but for this price and the location, it's worth it!

Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
ireland
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: We need a great cheap safe clean hostel for family of 4 pls!

I just stayed in this apartment in Madrid. It was bang central and was quite cheap

holiday-rentals.co.uk/index.cfm/…74554.cfm

Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
Miami
Level Contributor
924 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We need a great cheap safe clean hostel for family of 4 pls!

I've stayed at Hostal Astoria and highly recommend it.

It's right next to Puerta del Sol. Walking distance to bus, taxi and metro stops.

The website doesn't show a quad room, but when I went I stayed in a room that had 2 single beds and 1 double bed. It was roomy and we paid about 70 euros a night for the room.

It's located on the 5th floor of a 19th century building. There is a lift so no worry about the kids walking up long flights of stairs with their luggage.

It's very clean, safe and comfortable - best thing is the price and location.

www.hostal-astoria.com

On the ground floor there is a bakery (the smell that it gives off is amazingly wonderfull) and down the street there is a cafe, which is great for breakfast.

Mentioned in this post
Puerta del Sol
Puerta del Sol
8,805 Reviews
Madrid, Spain
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
332 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We need a great cheap safe clean hostel for family of 4 pls!

These are all great options, I will look at them all, and here I was thinking that Spain was going to be too expensive. Thanks and keep the suggestions coming they are great.

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
8. Re: We need a great cheap safe clean hostel for family of 4 pls!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 03:16