We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

24 Hours in Madrid

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
958 posts
262 reviews
Save Topic
24 Hours in Madrid

Greetings from Chicago! We are taking a cruise out of Venice and have to connect flights in Madrid. Is it worth taking a one day layover and is it feasible? Is it easy to get to/from the airport on public transit (so we don't pay huge taxi fees)?

Thanks for comments / help on this ...

London, UK
Level Contributor
23 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 24 Hours in Madrid

I just got back from Madrid and I can say that Madrid is a vast city and a day in Madrid will be very rushed and you can't really appreciate the city. You probably need a day to get your bearings. From the airport to downtown Sol area you can take the metro which takes around 30-40 mins. The metro is clean and easy to use and it only cost 1 Euro which is bargain. If you still want to go then I would suggest hopping onto a 'Madrid Vision' bus which is tour bus which takes you on two routes to see historic Madrid and Modern Madrid.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 24 Hours in Madrid

The metro is efficient, (2 euros from T-4) but if you are pressed for time, the taxi is very reasonable, usually under 20 euros each way.

Take a look at Maribel's Guide to Madrid (http://mariblesguides.com) for a little insight into what to see and do during your brief encounter with this beautiful city.

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 24 Hours in Madrid

Some great ideas here on this previous post - tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187514-i126-k9354…

4. Re: 24 Hours in Madrid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 08:29