We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I buy Toledo knives in Madrid?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
141 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Can I buy Toledo knives in Madrid?

I wish I´d bought more knives while in Toledo. I will be in Madrid on Friday/Saturday. Is there a store in Madrid that I can buy Toledo knives?

Thanks!

Julie

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I buy Toledo knives in Madrid?

There is a shop opposite the Prado that has knives there. The prices are probably somewhat higher than Toledo, but it is convenient. Forgot the name of the shop, but undoubedly someone of this forum knows it.

To be more specific. You know where all the stands that sell scarves, banners, posters, tourist stuff in the median of the Paseo del Prado opposite (in front of) the Prado museum. Cross that street and there is the shop. Opposite the Prado in another direction is the Ritz Hotel...which is not a tourist shop:)

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I buy Toledo knives in Madrid?

Yes, Holakjs, I know which one you mean. It's by the Plaza de Cánovas del Castillo on the Paseo del Prado. I bought my husband some prints from there for his birthday. If you go upstairs they have full suits of armour & a full size model of Don Quixote.

Unfortunately I, too, don't know the name of the shop.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I buy Toledo knives in Madrid?

Maybe it's just me, but Toledo steel isn't what it used to be.

Albany, New York
Destination Expert
for Albany
Level Contributor
2,377 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I buy Toledo knives in Madrid?

Let me join the club of the people who can’t remember the name of the shop and I stayed at the Gran Canarias around the corner for 8 days. It also has the mannequins of famous Spanish paintings on the second floor on the outside. My wife lived in the store next door (which is owned by the same people, the one with the Lladro) and bought a watch, four necklaces, two other gifts and probably more I don’t know about.

5. Re: Can I buy Toledo knives in Madrid?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 04:19