We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way from airport to hotel?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
135 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Best way from airport to hotel?

We are staying at the Reina Victoria. What is the best way to get there from the airport (with luggage)?

West Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way from airport to hotel?

Make it easy on yourselves and take a taxi!! It is only about 25 Euros or so - if you are travelling with luggage and are unsure of exactly where the hotel is it is the least stressful option.

Last time I went we took a taxi to our accomodation as we didn't know exactly where it was, but used the metro to return to the airport as we knew which one to take. The metro was only 1Euro each - plus a 1Euro airport supplement.

Enjoy Madrid!!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way from airport to hotel?

I usally use Metro... It is very easy from Nuevos Ministreious...Just take the number 6 ..It is easy to reach airport...

Fife Scotland
Level Contributor
47 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way from airport to hotel?

If its late and you are tired I'd agree on taxi on arrival - less hassle. Last week we arrived late and took metro with two changes and a lot of walking . We got hassled by pickpockets whilst trying to get on train with small suitcases. My husband yelled at them so they backed off. He had felt a hand in his front tight pocket. It was 10.30pm and stations were not busy so we stuck out as obvious target.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way from airport to hotel?

I wonder how many people staying at the Reina Victoria arrive by Metro. I am not talking about what everybody else does or keeping up with the Jones, but rather if you can afford the Reina Victoria the taxi is most reasonable and easiest....as already suggested. In addition, the Metro is a good two blocks (however you count them) in any direction away...carrying your luggage.

Get in a line for a cab, and know you are staying at one of the trendiest places in the city and on one of the liviest plazas. Have a great time!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,298 posts
3,655 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way from airport to hotel?

I would like to give my 2 cents worth. People who have been several times to Madrid or who have lived there have no problem taking the metro. However people new to the city, especially those with luggage, should take a taxi.

I would also advise visitors who are in the city to take taxis to avoid having their pockets picked. Taxis are quite inexpensive in Spain. Whenever I go to Madrid, I take a taxi everywhere in the city. Also your time is very valuable while travelling, and taking a taxi saves you time. How much would you lose if you lost your wallet or purse because you took the metro? Just imagine all the hassle of cancelling your credit cards!!!

Gibraltar, Europe
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way from airport to hotel?

How big are taxis in Madrid. We are in a group of 9 wanting to get to a hostel, we would rather not pay for a taxi, but do not want to start the trip with a pickpocket. We will only have small bag each. How many taxis would we need?

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way from airport to hotel?

Taxis in Madrid take 4 people & luggage. For more, check out the shuttle bus, however, I think they only take 8 at once. Info here - www.aerocity.com

8. Re: Best way from airport to hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 00:17