We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I need reservations for AVE train from Madrid to Seville?

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Do I need reservations for AVE train from Madrid to Seville?

We are flying into Madrid and plan on immediately going to Seville on a Tuesday morning. Do I need to purchase tickets in advance for the AVE train or will seats be available if we just purchase the tickets at the station?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I need reservations for AVE train from Madrid to Seville?

You'll need to book ahead. All seats are reserved.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I need reservations for AVE train from Madrid to Seville?

Thanks for the information!

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,083 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do I need reservations for AVE train from Madrid to Seville?

American Airlines uses Terminal 1 at Madrid Barajas airport.

It will be much easier and faster to buy train tickets at the RENFE office at the Terminal 1 arrivals area. Allow 1 hour to get from the airport to Atocha station.

AVE trains to Sevilla leave on the hour.

http://horarios.renfe.es/hir/ingles.html

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do I need reservations for AVE train from Madrid to Seville?

Terminal 1 is currently undergoing major renovations, section by section. You'll have to check to see if the Renfe office in T1 is still open.

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
80 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do I need reservations for AVE train from Madrid to Seville?

We were thinking of doing something similar but were a bit shocked at the price of the AVE (I'm sure its a great experience and well worth it). Can anyone tell us the comparitive cost of using a more local/slower train. Is it that much slower?...and can we just rock up to the station or do even these trains require advanced booking?

Tegs

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do I need reservations for AVE train from Madrid to Seville?

The Altaria runs twice a day, is a bit less expensive, not much slower (a little over three hours), but still requires reservations.

7. Re: Do I need reservations for AVE train from Madrid to Seville?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 03:19