We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
3 days

can anyone tell me if food is expensive and also is there enough to see and do for 3 days ?

thanks

cfc

Colmenar Viejo...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days

cfc, as with anywhere, you could spend as little or as much as you want to on eating out. If you just search through 4 or 5 pages of this forum, you'll find some superb restaurant postings, mainly from forum 'foodie' Revulgo, who seems to have an unrivalled knowledge when it comes to eating out in Madrid.

As for having enough to do in 3 days, then yes, I would have thought there's enough to keep most people occupied for that amount of time. What sort of things are you into? If you think that Madrid city centre may not keep you busy enough then 2 excellent day trips (and not very far) would be Toledo or Segovia. I prefer the 2nd option, but either would be a fine day out.

Cheers.

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days

Hi Jason

thanks for your prompt reply.im looking at a weekend break with a bit of sight seeing ie historical and maybe a few walks.not too bothered by nightlife ,just a quiet meal some place.

thanks

cfc

Colmenar Viejo...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days

Hi again.

Some linky's to help out with your restaurant query

…cbs5.com/ShowTopic-g187514-i126-k1453858-Wh…

…cbs5.com/ShowTopic-g187514-i126-k1409336-Re…

both these threads make good reading both for first timers and seasoned visitors.

Some places for you to sightsee, the Royal Palace, Puerta del Sol & La Plaza Mayor, take a walk in the Retiro Park. There is a guide available online by Maribel http://maribelsguides.com/#madrid which is essential reading and has all sorts of useful tips.

Cheers

4. Re: 3 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 06:20