We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels w/ breakfast included

Jackson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Hotels w/ breakfast included

We are looking for a hotel that includes breakfast and has laundry on the premises.Thanks. I feel like everyday i have 5 more questions..... Thanks for the help everyone :)

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
60 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels w/ breakfast included

Questions are always good before trips and I think we all enjoy helping out...so never fear...

Breakfasts included: It's my view that you're not going to find many places that are reasonably priced that include breakfast...and the places that do serve breakfast sometimes overprice them for what you really get. My suggestion is to choose a hotel based on the quality of sleep you expect and use the reviews from other travellers on here before you book.

So, where should you eat? My hotel was on the Gran Via my last week and my friend took me to a pretty large restaurant/bar (I can't think of the name) where we had coffee and a slice of "Texas Toast" (huge slice of bread) with butter and jam for 1,5 or 2,5 euros each. You can get other things as well so finding a place to eat isn't a problem...Just be ready to ask in Spanish or point. You will NOT find a McDonalds or Burger King open for breakfast...so that's out...but places like Rodilla and <gasp> Starbucks/Dunkin Donuts are around as last resorts. You should be fine just ordering in any cafe/bar that's open and they are almost always a better deal than hotels.

If all else fails and you want to eat before heading out of the hotel, go to a supermarket (El Corte Ingles has them usually in the basements) and buy some Magdalenas, Bread, Orange Juice and some fresh fruit or more if you have a fridge.

Laundry on-site: I can't say I know many places that have this. Most of the places can do it for you, for a fee, and it's usually standard hotel pricing for this service (read: expensive). I saw use it if you really have some funky smelling clothes or really want to spend the money. But, most places can do it for you and it's fine. I think there are a few (very few) self-service laundromats and I'll defer the "where" to the Madrid experts on here.

Ray

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels w/ breakfast included

What's your budget range?

Most hotels will include breakfast in the rate, depending on what specials they are offering and how you do the booking.

Some can do as quick as a 2-hour turnaround on laundry, but few have their own facilities.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels w/ breakfast included

I agree with estadounidese that in our price range of hotels usually the breakfast is not included and the price in the hotel is much inflated. Try any of his suggestions. The supermarket one is also a good choice.

Laundry on the premise. If you have a hotel in the area of Santa Ana there is a laundrymat that I have used. ONDA BLUE. In addition to self-service, it will wash, dry, and fold your laundry for around 10E.

Open daily 9 AM to 22.30. Also Internet terminals, but slow the last time I was there.

Address of Onda Blue is Leon, 3, east of Plaza de Santa Ana.

Nearby hotels are: Catalonia Las Cortes, Calle Prado, 6 --- #1 popularity of TA Madrid Hotels

Hotel Room Mate Alicia, Prado 2, --- #2

Hotel el Prado, Prado, 11---- # 14

Husa Paseo de Arte, Atocha 123 #30

ME Madrid Reina Victoria, Plaza de Santa Ana #52

If your budget can include nearby

Westin Palace ---- #18 at ovre $400/night, the breakfast or laundry prices shouldn't bother you.

Urban Hotel #19

Hotel Villa Real #28

I know I am forgetting one of Robert's favorites, but I can't seem to find it right now. Maybe he will add it.

Level Contributor
54 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels w/ breakfast included

NH Arguilles - includes a buffet breakfast that is very good - be prepared to gain lbs. The hotel is great, spotlessly clean and not far from the metro. Stayed there for 10 days, very happy with it.

Level Contributor
54 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels w/ breakfast included

Oh, NH arguiles will do your laundry for you.

Jackson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels w/ breakfast included

Thank you all, again. i am sure i will be back asking more questions soon......oh, the weather the end of january. we will be coming from morocco.i hope to assume the temps. are similar, so we shouldn't have to pack for multiple seasons.

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels w/ breakfast included

We were in Madrid at the end of January last year & it was colder than the UK with a biting wind. Make sure you bring warm clothes with you. Also a possibility of snow & rain.

Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels w/ breakfast included

Can't help you with the laundry, but we stayed at Hotel Paseo del Arts last May. Everywhere that we stayed in Spain, included breakfasts. But of all the places we stayed in Spain, the breakfast was most magnificent at Hotel Paseo. I never needed lunch and eating there was a delight every day.

I had originally been a bit choked at the price of the hotel, but in the end, felt that I had experienced very good value. I was also most impressed with the staff over anywhere else we stayed.

Location was great for access to metro, museums, galleries and the train station. Not so great for access to the airport. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

9. Re: Hotels w/ breakfast included

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 01:19