We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madrid airport to Puerta del Sol

Jkh
Washington DC
Level Contributor
402 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Madrid airport to Puerta del Sol

We are arriving by plane to Madrid and would someone explain the different options we have to get from the airport to Puerta del Sol Hotel Europa). What would some of you recommend? And why? Cost and time? Would appreciate any suggestions.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Madrid airport to Puerta del Sol

You can find information on the different options, metro, bus, taxi or private transfer, in Maribel's Guide to Madrid (http://maribelsguides.com).

UK
Level Contributor
223 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Madrid airport to Puerta del Sol

A lot depends on what Terminal you land at - T4 is a good 10-15mins further out than the rest; also time of day matters.

If you pick a taxi be warned that trips to/from airport have a surcharge of 5.25€ which is not shown on the meter.

New York
Level Contributor
860 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Madrid airport to Puerta del Sol

JKH if you are arriving on a weekday during rush hour you may want to take the train it's cheaper and very easy provided your luggage isn't overwhelming. I usually take the train to my hotel near Sol then a taxi the the airport back depending on my purchases. It really depends on price, luggage, and comfort.

Spring Hill, FL
Level Contributor
474 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Madrid airport to Puerta del Sol

BrennaBee: When you say "train," are you referring to the Metro or to the local train that goes to Atocha Station from the airport? And I'm not even sure if that's correct, that there is a train to Atocha Station. Can you get off near Sol, or do you take it all the way to Atocha and then walk or metro back to Sol? Sorry, but I need a little more specifics. Our hotel is also right near Sol. Thanks for any information.

Fort Lauderdale...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Madrid airport to Puerta del Sol

mi pregunta es si alguien me puede informar como llegat del aeropuerto barajas hasta el hostal marlasca

Jkh
Washington DC
Level Contributor
402 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Madrid airport to Puerta del Sol

I am with BrennaBee in wanting to know if a "metro" train goes to Antocha and, if so, can I walk from Antocha to Puerta Del Sol Hotel Europa? Can we take a bus from the airport to Antocha or somewhere near our hotel? I am just trying to find the best way, most conveniet way and/or least expensive way to get to . You all have been very helpful and I appreciate your comments. Please help with any further information that will to get us from the airport to our hotel.

Hønefoss Norway
Level Contributor
944 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Madrid airport to Puerta del Sol

Took metro to Sol, no problems.

New York
Level Contributor
860 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Madrid airport to Puerta del Sol

JKH - by train sorry I meant the METRO you can take it from the airport as I nornally do and go directly to Puerta de SOl you may need to change trains just google the Metro in Spain and you'll see the MAP.

9. Re: Madrid airport to Puerta del Sol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 09:30