We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AirEuropa - Flight Confirmations

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham
8 posts
Save Topic
AirEuropa - Flight Confirmations

Hola Everybody!

I gotta flight from Madrid to Barcelona booked with said airline. The information that I have received stipulates that I should re-comfirm my booking with AirEuropa before I fly (even though it's already confirmed and paid for!).

Why is this?

Do I really need to confirm my flight again or would it be just o.k to turn up on the day? Like I said - it's all paid for and I have my email receipts.

My biggest problem is that if I have to confirm my flight over the phone - "solo ablo un poco espanol!" - catch my drift?

On the airline website I can only find a telephone number to sort this out. Would prefer an email address or something.Will they speak English?

Help please!

BB

berkshire, england
Level Contributor
522 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AirEuropa - Flight Confirmations

Could it mean that you are advised to check before departing for the airport to check that the flight hasn't been cancelled, etc?

Who did you book the flight through? Try phoning their telephone helpdesk for advice.

If you do need to phone Spain, then you should be able to get through to someone who speaks English, although often the accent can be so heavy that you will find it more difficult to understand them than they you!

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: AirEuropa - Flight Confirmations

Hallo,

I have flight many times with Air Europa and they are a normal company as any other, so I guess your problem comes from the agency you booked your flight with.

Anyway, you can always get you boarding card through internet 24 hours prior to departure.

If nothing works, call AirEuropa, for sure they will have someone able to speak English (despite the accent!!)

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,116 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AirEuropa - Flight Confirmations

The one and only time I've flown AirEuropa, (Malaga to Madrid), my flight time was changed and they called me 3 days before. The person spoke very good English.

Nottingham
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: AirEuropa - Flight Confirmations

Thanks for your replies folks.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AirEuropa - Flight Confirmations

this paragraph about re-confirming flights is not unusual in many European carriers (I guess is just to save themselves from some liability, in case something happens and they are not able to contact you). I read this many times, from several companies, the first times I did call... just to fins someone quite surprised on the other side of the phoneline, explaining me there was no need to worry. Now I do fly more than 20 times per year (even rarely with Air-Europa), and honestly I do not care anymore (and never had a problem for this reason)

As said above, you should be able to get your boarding passes online before your flight.

Have a nice trip!

Nottingham
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: AirEuropa - Flight Confirmations

Thanks for your re-assurance.

7. Re: AirEuropa - Flight Confirmations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 19:16