We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from San Lorenzo del Escorial to Madrid

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
US
2 posts
Save Topic
from San Lorenzo del Escorial to Madrid

Hi

i have never been to Spain and will be staying at in San Lorenzo del Escorial (arranged by company) but then i'll have to get from there to Madrid downtown.

What is the cheapest way to get from San Lorenzo del Escorial to for example Plaza Mayor

thank you very much!

berkshire, england
Level Contributor
522 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from San Lorenzo del Escorial to Madrid

Public service buses regularly run to Madrid from Moncloa bus station. It's quite a walk from there to the Plaza Mayor, so you may wish to get the tube from there onwards.

Takes about an hour and is very cheap. The bus station in San Lorenzo is easy to find, it's not a big place!

US
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: from San Lorenzo del Escorial to Madrid

Thank you so much.

As i understand Moncloa is close to Plaza de Espana and i could take a yellow line get off at Sol, right?

i will only have 1 full day in Madrid and will probably be able to see some main attractions.

I was wondering if you could please mention which area (any specific Plaza?) is closer to main places of interest or they're pretty much concentrated in one area? i trouble walking for long distances because of my injury.

berkshire, england
Level Contributor
522 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: from San Lorenzo del Escorial to Madrid

You can take the yellow line from Moncloa directly to Sol for Puerta del Sol/Plaza Mayor.

The main galleries are close to Atocha on the blue line (which connects with Sol).

The Madrid metro is straightforward to use.

4. Re: from San Lorenzo del Escorial to Madrid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 13:19